Why Did You Choose Your Username And Avatar?

Bi 11 Hudson- On very old typewriters there was no (#)1 key or (#)0 key. The 11 of my name is to recognise the keys used for 1-l (lower case) and 0-O (uppercase). I learned to type on Pop's GSA surplus Underwood and think back to it.

Also use Artificer00. In old English usage it's what I am. I'm the grouchy old curmudgeon that makes the machines go. Electrical or mechanical. Or both. And most everybody knows what "double ought" (00) means. I figure since I have pursued machinery since before I was in grammer school it was most appropriate.

Then there's Model Trains... No reason other than that's what got (and kept) me into machinery. Small, but very fussy about running smooth.

The avatar is subject to change when I manage to find the patches from the South Pole.

As an aside to Kiwi, I've been to NZ a number of times. Loved it much more than that other island down that way. But then, it was a long time back...

Last edited:
I'm Will. Almost 20 years back, I was dating this gal, and she said "Let's take a dance class!" I sheepishly agreed. A Tango class was part of it. I loved and hated it, and was determined to get some mastery. She's in the obscure past, but I dance at least once a week.

No, Tango doesn't look like what you see on the tube.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

I worked for a major food manufacturing company starting in the experimental machine design and fabrication shop. Over the years I served in a number of different positions with the final 10 years as a construction and machine installation project manager. Most of the people I supervised seemed to think I was nuts, so rather than being called the "project manager" I was referred to as the "Projectnut".

I do woodworking as my primary hobby. I have had many hobbies. Race cars, photography, woodworking has stuck around the longest. In the last few years metal working. I now have 2 shops, one for wood, and a smaller one for metal.
I just added my avatar, which is on another forum (Lumberjocks). It's my buddy, I had to put him down 3 weeks ago after close to 18 years. He was beautiful, would catch frisbee's 6' out of the air. Always fun, always a character.

I'm glad you mentioned that I kept thinking of Gyro gearloose not from the posts but just from the name

My screen name is the state I live in..

And my choice with experimental aviation... gyro-copters.
Here is a link to our local group:
http://www.peachstaterotorcraft.org/

Here is a link to a larger picture of the avatar...
https://www.google.com/search?q=I+have+no+idea+what+i'm+doing,+however+my+book+says+you+are+doing+it+wrong&tbm=isch&imgil=t5Fq-3k0O0SeGM%3A%3BiKL3uJB3EZj_9M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.funnycaptions.com%252Fimg%252F105099%252Fi-have-no-idea-how-to-do-your-job-but-my-book-says-youre-doing-it-wrong%252F&source=iu&pf=m&fir=t5Fq-3k0O0SeGM%3A%2CiKL3uJB3EZj_9M%2C_&usg=__C42jWGYWLTVAm_P_GEKr54cEfws=&biw=1352&bih=934&dpr=1.25&ved=0ahUKEwj_keTpxZLSAhUIxFQKHRUqBmYQyjcIMA&ei=64SkWL_wOIiI0wKV1JiwBg#imgrc=t5Fq-3k0O0SeGM:

There is a story behind that: My hobby has always been fixing things... and being creative doing it...
When I was growing up, I could fix almost anything... and folks would watch me and shake their heads...
UNTIL, they saw it working... sometimes better than before it was broken.
Hence the reference to the book...
Being a product of the '60's rebellion generation... satire is a part of my life... grin

Good thread Nels, fun reading!

My username is courtesy of my friends who think collecting Scoopmobiles is a little different. These 3 wheeled loaders were manufactured here in Oregon and I have somewhat of an obsession. I currently only have 7 but I'm still looking. Maintaining these old machines requires machine tools and I've started collecting them too!
George

Last edited:
Back