Why Did You Choose Your Username And Avatar?

Hot Rats is one hell of an album :encourage:
Oh my! A Zappa fan! Yes, great album. I was about 13 then, and Zappa was a constant for me. Enjoyed Don Van Vliet's vocals on it. Later on, when Flo & Eddie joined Zappa, was some good music made. Got to see Zappa once, was a bit disappointing as Zappa conducted the band, and only picked up the guitar for a couple songs. Flo & Eddie had a concert in Charlotte back then, maybe 72-73. They performed 'Peaches en Regalia'.

Been using my name for close to 25 years. I just tend to save every thing, and thought it’s better to say I recycle it vs I like to hoard it.

Although, I do openly admit I am a hoarder today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Username comes from another hobby, classic British bicycles of the Nottingham variety, Namely the Raleigh Grifter. Due to my knowledge on them I earnt the moniker of Grifter Guru. It was shortened to one word and I have used it ever since and that was over 20 years ago.

Avatar is based on my love of my classic Raleigh Bicycles... Choppers, Grifters, Early ATB's et-al. It is the headbadge appropriate to the era that garners the vast majority of my interest.

*** Edited to correct spelling ***

Last edited:
1994 San Diego internet provider CTS or CTI or something like that. Acrux (Star in the Southern Cross). Switched internet providers when we moved in 1996 and Acrux was taken, so Acruxksa it was. Acrux plus my initials ksa....................been that way ever since. Funny because I was born and still live in Alaska and cant see the Southern Cross from here.......... What can I say, seeing the Southern Cross on a ship for the first time when I was 19 had an effect. Avatar's are usually stock, but sometimes I'll shrink a recent pic of something I snapped.

How about that hangar collapse in Idaho? Oooff.
Good news not mine.
It was under construction and I am retired. But did iron work on airports when in high school and college back 1970's.

Dave

My screen name dates back to 2006-2007 when I bought my competition pistol, an STI Edge which is called a 2011 style pistol. It’s based on the 1911 design but for the 21st century. The grip frame was changed from being part of the one piece frame of the 1911 to a bolted on double stack polymer grip. The capacity in .40 S&W is 20 in the magazine and one in the tube. It was purpose designed for the USPSA Limited class. Turned out that the Navy Seals liked it, too.

Back