Who made this lathe

Bamban

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
A friend is buying this lathe. He is askinge about, could not answer. There is no badge whatsoever on the lathe, and there is no manual to go with it. On the front it does say Made in Taiwan and it is a 13/30, 3Ph/230V. It looks to be a well made unit, just trying to figure out for him what other brand would be a sibling to this one, and just use whatever manual that is applicable. Circa 1990.

From the picture it appears to have a foot brake and slide out chip pan. Looks dirty, I hope it cleans up nicely.

Any idea?

00B0B_lOUPjRp1LwO_600x450.jpg 00C0C_iMBrpAlbqXn_600x450.jpg

It looks just like my Jet GH3140. The handles are a bit different, but the layout is identical. Slightly different model or year maybe. Could be a clone also.

I saw that one on CL. I was wondering the same thing. I think I saw TOS on the 3-jaw? Seems like a nice machine. I like the built in chip pan.

I though maybe you were going for another one. What is the label on the pedestal say. any model type at all.

I though maybe you were going for another one. What is the label on the pedestal say. any model type at all.

I have not seen it other than the pictures

I saw that one on CL. I was wondering the same thing. I think I saw TOS on the 3-jaw? Seems like a nice machine. I like the built in chip pan.

Yes I think there was a picture of a TOS 3J
Are TOS lathes made in Taiwan?

I think TOS is European or something like that, not an Asian lathe.

Probably a number of brands that sold that style lathe. ENCO used to sell a lathe that looked like that also, under the Turn Pro name.

Dark Zero,

It does look like a Turn Pro just quickly comparing the features.

Thank you.

Back