Who knows about Takisawa TSL-800D lathes?

MY-PS-7.5

I get that the machine controls aren’t getting powered hence the contractor isn’t being switched. I just want to trace the circuits versus swapping wires around until it works. And I’m a little ticked off that the manual came minus a complete wiring schematic.
Ok, Look on your manual for your static converter and find out which terminal is the false leg, Then trace where that goes to on the lathe and you should be able to figure out which wire to switch. You have to be careful which wires you switch at the static converter because you can fry it. I have no experience with the Korean Converter you are using, But I have 2 static converters made by Phase-A-Matic which should be similar.

I have had the same issues in the past with hooking the false leg up to the wrong wire.

I see one problem you have is you bought too large of a converter, That's bad Ju-Ju on static converters, Your motor is no larger than 5 horsepower. Bigger is not better on static converters and they many times won't work if they are sized wrong. That is if the 7.5 on that model means 7.5 hp.

I could be wrong. It's best to check with the mfg to get the proper size for your application.

Mark may have a schematic for your wiring, You should link this thread in the "All About Electrical Issues" Sub forum so Mark can help you.

Edit:

I see the MY-PS-7.5 converter you bought is for 5hp motors, So that should be good. Most likely just need the wire switched and you should be good to go.

1714848189894.png

Last edited:
Back