who has gone metric?

1mm is .040"...
That would be great if it was true.
1mm = 0.03937007874”
It bugs me that there is not a cleaner conversion between mm’s and inches, couldn’t they have just said 25mm = 1”?

(Of course I’m being silly, for all intents and purposes 1mm = 0.039” is accurate enough)

I look at it like you're driving across the desert. Doesn't matter whether you're going 100kph, or 62mph, as both get you there in the end.

Metric, Imperial, Whitworth I've got it all. Sort of a plain, but after 60 years of taps and dies and nuts and bolts......whatever it takes.

Do you measure a dead horse in centimeters, inches or hands?

Tom

All of my machines are old to where there was very little if anything metric in the USA. So of course they are all imperial. My hobbies and job both require a lot of both metric and imperial and my poor old brain seems to be able to think and visualize in either. A project I just posted on has a mishmash of imperial and metric on the same part to be able to use what I have on hand.

I do not want the USA to officially go metric, IF we do than all of a sudden it will be harder to find tools and meteorology to work with out old machines. It would be a PITA to have all imperial machines and all metric tools.

Back