Who do you ship with?

63VDub

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
I know my 250# of Rusnok is small beans compared to some of you guy's iron, but I can't squeeze the dang thing in a USPS flat rate box. Having never shipped anything of this size, who do you guys trust to tote your machines from old home to new home?

If you can build a crate for it, on top of a pallet, then any LTL carrier will treat it right, generally speaking. Just make sure you get the class right for machinery. Raw material ships cheaper, since it's harder to damage, but a machine will cost more, in case they do damage it. Insurance is a good idea, and not that expensive.

From where to Mt. Ida?

v dub

it's called an LTL carrier

examples: R & L, Old Dominion

there's one that covers the southeast there

couldn't remember their name the other day either:)

Have A Nice Day!

I use SAIA for everything within their service area, and if they will inter-line with other inbound forwarder. They give me excellent service.

If you can build a crate for it, on top of a pallet, then any LTL carrier will treat it right, generally speaking. Just make sure you get the class right for machinery. Raw material ships cheaper, since it's harder to damage, but a machine will cost more, in case they do damage it. Insurance is a good idea, and not that expensive.

From where to Mt. Ida?

Tony, I have it crated, but not on a pallet. I could scare one of those up if it will expedite shipping. Don't laugh, but it's going from my place to Kenai, Alaska. Not many regionals want to handle that drive. Worst case, I drive it to WA during spring break and meet the buyer there. Only problem with that is that I am supposed to retile the kitchen over SB. :thinking:

If you could, just add runners under the crate so a forklift or pallet jack can get under it. Sounds like you have packaging covered. I'd just get on the phone to a local truck line and ask if they interline with a carrier that goes to the destination. It is done all the time, and they will have an answer for you.

buddies

name of the carrier that serve's the southeast is

Southeastern!

anyhow Arkansas is more in the middle.

Alaska! i would wait until summer to ship that.

Have A Nice Day!

Shipping

Have you quotied UPS ? Not sure about their requirements but a lot of tool vendors use them and I know they handle some heavier stuff.

Is your crate top-heavy ? AsTony said put runners under it and if it tends to roll over use a pallet.

Have a good day.

Ray

Back