Which Lathe Is This?

Jester966

Registered
Registered
Can anyone tell me which model South Bend this is? Best I can tell it looks like a "Light Ten" to me, except for the feet look different from the pictures I have found.

Any information appreciated.SBLathe.jpg

Thanks

It does not look like a South Bend to me. The whole carriage assembly looks different from the ones I've seen and it doesn't look like it has V-ways (tough to tell from the picture, though)

Rick

Hi Jester, my father owned an Atlas lathe which looked exactly like yours in the photo, it was a flat bed lathe. My grand father owned a slightly better lathe which was a Logun, it also looked a little like yours. It had a single "V" bed.
Regards Basil

Yup. That looks exactly like my Wards/Logan Powr-Kraft 2130. There should be a serial number stamped on the near way at the right end (under the tailstock in the photo). Logan has a table of serial numbers that will tell you what year it was manufactured.

Is that a drum switch on the front? I think that's probably added by a previous owner. Running in reverse is useful with collets, but pretty durn risky with screw-on chucks.

Logan still sells parts and a manual for that lathe.

Regards,
--
Rex

Not my lathe, it was for sale (was advertised as a South Bend). Unfortunately, it sold before I had a chance to go look at it.

Back