Which DRO For Incoming Bridgeport Mill

IamNotImportant

Registered
Registered
Ok.. the Bridgeport will be in the garage within the next two weeks.. it will need a DRO, question is, which to choose. Can't go expensive, don't want the cheapest either. Something that is great and in the middle of the road.. i would say that my budget lays within 400 - 600 dollars, but may consider as high as 800.00, just depends i guess.. but your experience in this matter will be greatly appreciated.. thanks in advance..

I bought this one:

Very happy with it. I prefer the LCD display over the LED ones. It ship from China, but at least there is US based support.

I did have to make some stand offs for the reader heads, however. Especially for the Y-axis. What comes with it is not sufficient.

I bought this one:

Very happy with it. I prefer the LCD display over the LED ones. It ship from China, but at least there is US based support.

I did have to make some stand offs for the reader heads, however. Especially for the Y-axis. What comes with it is not sufficient.
found the same set up on evilbay for 200 bucks less.. thanks for the lead

well the guy got to the house.. didn't feel confident in getting the trailer in behind the house.. (you have to back in, down hill between two houses.. jack it around the corner of the house and then jockey it in to the mouth of the garage.. i told him that i have one person that i can talk to.. to see if it is "reasonable" to get him to help.. if not, then i am going to have to look for a different option..

I bought this one:

I have the similar Ditron but in 4 axis with RPM So far i have X, Y, Z (knee) and working on U (quill) Seems solid so far but only had it on for about 4 months. Had some issues adapting Acurite scales and the seller was very helpful.

Back