Where to find cast iron angle plates

stioc

Registered
Registered
Looking for inexpensive angle plates for some workholding. In particular, slotted but non-webbed (no braces) and approx 6"x4" or there about. Something around $30 ish? I need a couple.

There was a time not that long ago I recall seeing them everywhere for $25/$30, now they're in the $60ish range. I'm ok with that if that's the going rate just that I didn't think they were an expensive item especially the smaller ones.

I have a couple of Phase 2s but can't remember where I got them . I remember they were pretty cheap back then .

Auctions you’ll get a whole lot of them for that price on the right day.

Several vendors carry the size you're looking for. Some less expensive ones are even in the price range you mentioned. However I am not aware of anyone who makes that size without the webbing on the rear. I have a few smaller sizes (2x2 and 3x3) without the webbing, but anything much larger needs the web for it to remain true when clamping or bolting anything to it.

Thanks I ended up getting a 4" one from Amazon for $32, I think it'll work for what I want it for. Plus I was thinking I could use it as a cheap add-on to my lathe and use it as a mill. Sometimes I just want to do a quick slot etc would be nice to do that without firing up the cnc.

CDCO Machinery Corp. has them (6 X 5 X 4 1/2 is $28.00 plus shipping). I bought the 8 X 6 X 5 version for $42.00 plus shipping ($19.00 for that and a few other items) and machined one of the inside surfaces flat to hold a vise sideways on my Atlas horizontal mill. www.cdcotools.com

Back