Where To Find Aluminum?

jpfabricator

Active User
Registered
I am in serch of a slab of aluminum roughly 20"x24". Anything from .500" to .750" thick will work.
Does anyone know a supplier that has decent costs?
Does anyone have a slab they would part with?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from somewhere in East Texas by Jake Parker!

That’s gonna be in the hundreds. If you can, maybe wait for an Enco 25% off and free shipping.

I was going to say chedk out some of the ebay ones, They do have soe large ones every once and while.

It doesnt hurt to cruise any of the aluminium fabricators around, they will often sell sections that they have left over from larger jobs.
I've picked up a few bargains this way.
I find fronting up and asking is better than phoning.

And then its the scrap yard. So whats the big secret with these guys? They pay well for my scrap like radiators
alum condensers etc with cash but they will not sell me alum, cut offs like rounds & flats and I see there barrels
of it. I don't get it, I will pay top price because its local & no shipping or waiting for UPS : Question is who
do they sell it to? Whats the government now in the scrap business -wouldn't surprise me !

glad i got most of my aluminum years ago..

Some places actually have local laws that say once it is sold to a scrap dealer they can't sell it back to the public, and once something enters the dump it cannot be taken back our. A waist for people that like to make things out of recycled stuff. Normally larger cities are the ones I have seen do this.

There's a 4' x 4' piece of 1/2" 6061 in the local scrap yard. I've been eyeballing it but can't commit to a piece that large. I could get it a cut a piece off for you but it runs $2.50 a pound and 1/2" sheet runs about 7.25# a square foot. I'd cut it oversize since I don't have a good way of cutting a piece that large easily and wouldn't want to short you. Best to figure 4 square feet so it will put you back about $72 for the sheet and you can calculate shipping via FedEx from 23607 for about 35# or so once I get it boxed up some way.

Let me know if you want it and I'll run on down there.

Whats your zip code? All the local S/Y here sell for $1 per #. I just havent had time to go see.

Sent from somewhere in East Texas by Jake Parker!

Back