Where To Buy Metal

I live in Phoenix.
When I lived in San Diego we had a store called IMS, Industrial Metal Supply. The same company is located here in Phoenix. I never bought metal for milling, i went there once for a remodeling project.
Is this a good store for variety and price?
Is there a good place in Phoenix to buy metal, mainly aluminum?

P.s. been steadily buying tooling for the mini mill the past month.
Next big purchase is a 3 way DRO.
I've read articles on here but still undecided on what and from where to purchase. My budget is under $300, so if you have a good experience...please do tell.

Thanks
Dask

I have bought aluminum from www.speedymetals.com They have good stock variety and prices are decent. Their shipping can be a bit expensive. Order over phone and you get better shipping rates.

If you want specifically aluminium try coast aluminium in Phoenix they supply many metal sales shops cut out the middle man

Not really relevant to Arizona but maybe of curiosity value.
Having only got my Lathe and Mill Drill shortly before Christmas I hadn't anticipated the difficulties in obtaining small amounts of metal. My local reclaimers sell out at the following rates, (Australian dollars NOT US$, divide by 1.32 as of 04/04/16 for US). Stainless Steel and Aluminium $3 per KG, Brasses and Bronzes $8 per KG, Copper $15 per KG. Pickings in machinable sizes are lean. On the plus side this also includes "new, surplus stock" items like stainless bolts and even some used general tools. I haven't as yet found a good source for short lengths - specific sizes of new metals at all. Just ordered some 40mm x 12mm 6060 and besides the 7 day wait I am obliged to take a full 4 metres. That is the local suppliers.

4 inches of 3/8 tool steel blank hit my wallet up for $24.20 (18.39 US).

I went to IMS when it was a scrap yard..lol....looooooong time ago on San Fernando road. my dad bought steel there

I was wondering where to get metal in my area for miscellaneous projects and was directed to a scrap yard, if there is any metal working or tool and die industry near you that's where I would look they usually have the best prices and some of the fellows who've bought there occasionally get full lengths of new material. If the scrap dealer is any good they will be able to identify the metals they have so theres no guessing.

Excellent. I just moved from Albuquerque to Tucson and was wondering if IMS was reasonable. Thanks!

When they first opened my buddy went in there. Wouldn't shut up about them. We had already had a number of metal fabricators in the area.

Finally went down there with him. He said "Did you see those prices?! They're going to put everyone else out of business!"

Back