Where have you seen this used?

That's a very good guess Daryl, I do recollect that finish on photographic equipment,
To be honest I don't know what its for and I've been stretching the grey cells for days now.
Alby

The black wrinkle finish is likely a clue. What other things besides microscopes, and camera stuff, commonly used black wrinkle? Then, what might have a need to move something inside a 13/16" bore?

My best guess right now, is an attachment to lift the button, on a small button style dial indicator.

It's a right handed precipitating canabulator. The left handed version is shown here.

View attachment 231051

Alright, alright! Sorry, I couldn't help it, I missed April Fool's Day and now I'm making up for it. :surrender:

It does look amazingly like a throwout bearing fork though.
It looks like it might fit a sewing sewing machine
Or something like that

I had been looking for this thread for some time...I saw this, then saw the exact same thing on a piece of tooling my friend got from his work.

It seems that it is a lifter for a comparator as part of a QA process. I have attached photos of the device and the name plate. I hope this helps

closeup.jpg

Nameplate.jpg

overall.jpg

Thank you Kizzap, I knew someone would identify it. Its US made too. Now I need to find the rest of it, or someone who needs it for theirs.
Thanks to everyone who had a go at identifying it, we had some interesting guesses.
cheers Alby

Back