• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

Where do yo keep your Machinist Handbook ?

francist

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Kitchen table drawer (supposed to be for cutlery...)

-frank

Karl_T

Active User
my eyes could not read the fine print anymore...

Sooo, I went to the computer .pdf version. Took getting used to but its faster to look something up. then print out the table i need and not worry about my geasy fingers ruining it.

grumpygator

Gatekeeper
Staff member
Administrator
With your collection I would assume at least one in every room...And favorites in the WC...ROFLAO...**G**

Bill Gruby

Global Moderator
Staff member
Got one in the Tahoe also, but it gets moved around. 14th Edition. LOL

"Billy G"

Bill Gruby

Global Moderator
Staff member
Hope so Bob, I only need the #2 Edition and will I have them all. I also have 2 or 3 of most that I do have. ROTFLMBO!!

#'s 1-4 are identical, just different years. The first changes came in #5.

"Billy G"

Bob La Londe

I have a "Machinery's Handbook" on my desk where I do all my design work. I have a "Production Handbook" right next to it. Out in the shop I also have "The Pink Book." "The Pink Book," is a three ring binder with a collection of drill sizes and tap information, gage charts, materials hardness, plastics recipes, and anything I have found myself having to refer to the chart or table more than once while working. That reminds me. I should probably add a sine bar table to the pink book. Its in my, "Machinery's Handbook," but the, "Machinery's Handbook," never goes out into the shop.

Bob Korves

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
Both of mine, a 22nd edition and a 1st edition reprint, lived in the bathroom from the time each was acquired until I had read them cover to cover. Took a while, mostly one page at a time. I also read them a bit at night when I could not sleep. Instant success.

fixit

Active User
Mine was on my desk in in my office before the IRMA flood that deposited 4 feet of water in my home, now it's in the landfill with everything else that was in my home. EVERYTHING GONE ! including the first 4 feet of the walls. I do not want to talk about my shop & tools.

fixit

FOMOGO

Active User
Mine is kept within reach above the old Craftsman lathe. Will have to find have to find another spot for it when I move into the new
shop space.

P1010531.JPG

grumpygator

Gatekeeper
Staff member
Administrator
Ken,
In a tough situation what do you grab first...Or should I ask how many bullet holes in your shop walls ???...Just Kidding... Carry on Brother...**G**

Alan H

Mine is lost in the quagmire of our attic! So it is lost forever.

mmcmdl

I have a few , but the one I use is in my center drawer down at work . Really can't say I use it other than for thread pitch data .

4gsr

HM Chief Foreman
Staff member
Forgot to mention, my main copy of the MHB is on my computer. I have a icon I click on, go to the index and find anything I need at a click of the mouse. And if I need a copy of a particular page, click on the print button. (have to be careful here, I can print the whole book if I click on the right button!)

Container Above bottom breadcrumb