Where can I find these type screws?

centaur

Registered
Registered
Hello
I am new to machining and just want to learn and engage in it as a hobby. Ultimately, to be proficient enough to make some brackets, repair my lawn mower and possibly to build a go cart from scratch. Well, I just bought a Bridgeport clone (kent) manufactued in 1978. I have it totally disassembled and cleaning it up. I have been bringing it down in the basement in pieces. Anyway..I would like to know where I could find these adjustment screws at a reasonable price..I don't even know what they would be called from a technical standpoint. This is my first post and am looking forward to doing more in the future.
Thanks mike
2017-05-20 19.41.02.jpg

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk

Probably start with Grainger and McMaster-Carr before turning to the specialty houses like Carr Lane and Jergens or Te-Co. Sometimes even the industrial suppliers like MSC or Travers carry such items. There is a lot of variety in the details, so be careful when making your selection.

Thank you for your reply. I will check them out.

They are usually called adjustable handles, adjustable levers, or adjustable position handles. They are available with or without threaded studs. The type of threaded studs on the ones you have pictured are called dog points.

Hi welcome to the site, those handle bolts can get pricy , kipp is one manufacturer . Lots of China made out there too.
I'm close if you need help with anything, I'm down waiting for spinal surgery , but ill try to do what I can . Several places a short drive from you for tooling and materials . Cooks and fazzios in sicklerville and turnersville in Jersey.

They are usually called adjustable handles, adjustable levers, or adjustable position handles. They are available with or without threaded studs. The type of threaded studs on the ones you have pictured are called dog points.
Thanks for pointing out what they called..this will help

Thanks for pointing out what they called..this will help

No problem.

The ones I have on my machines are made by Kipp & an unknown brand from Mcmaster. Even though the ones from Mcmaster have no brand name on them they are very good quality (Mcmaster never sells low quality). The Kipps I get from Fixture Works. There are many other suppliers though.

Hi welcome to the site, those handle bolts can get pricy , kipp is one manufacturer . Lots of China made out there too.
I'm close if you need help with anything, I'm down waiting for spinal surgery , but ill try to do what I can . Several places a short drive from you for tooling and materials . Cooks and fazzios in sicklerville and turnersville in Jersey.
Hope your surgery goes well. That's great you are located in South Jersey. I really don't know anyone personally that is into machining as a hobby...maybe we can communicate more in the near future. Again..thanks and recover quickly.

Hello
I am new to machining and just want to learn and engage in it as a hobby. Ultimately, to be proficient enough to make some brackets, repair my lawn mower and possibly to build a go cart from scratch. Well, I just bought a Bridgeport clone (kent) manufactued in 1978. I have it totally disassembled and cleaning it up. I have been bringing it down in the basement in pieces. Anyway..I would like to know where I could find these adjustment screws at a reasonable price..I don't even know what they would be called from a technical standpoint. This is my first post and am looking forward to doing more in the future.
Thanks mike View attachment 233800

they can be called "adjustable clamp handles" they can be sourced in Chinesium brand off ebay for $5 or so dependant on teh size.
see link

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/311449990854?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Back