Where can I design hydraulic manifolds?

strantor

Active User
Registered
I used an online (or maybe download app?) tool from a hydraulics company once to build a hydraulic manifold. It was a "wizard" type thing where it asks you a bunch of questions about your application along the way and does most of the work for you, and at the end you are provided with a parts list to order from that manufacturer. I need to find that again but no luck. Anybody know what mfg has this and where to find it?

EDIT:
Parker has a "manifold configurator" but I'm looking for something more. Where you can select DCV styles, cartridge valves, pressure reliefs, etc, for a turnkey solution.

I'm not aware of any tool like that, but a manifold is a fairly simple part, are you sure you can't just draw it in a cad package? If you don't have much experience with cad I'd be happy to help.

Interesting. I had never heard of such a tool so I asked the great Google' for 'hydraulic manifold design' and top of the list was Sun Hydraulics. Watched the intro video. Neat stuff. It must be a wonderful sales tool for them.

Since it was top of the list, that can't be the tool you were looking for can it?

I'm not aware of any tool like that, but a manifold is a fairly simple part, are you sure you can't just draw it in a cad package? If you don't have much experience with cad I'd be happy to help.
Thank you! but the CAD isn't my stumbling block; the hydraulic parts sourcing is. I'm an electronics guy; I can design an electronic/electrical circuit and then source the parts because I know what I'm looking for. But when it comes to hydraulics, I can interpret hydraulic schematics and draw my own simple circuits, but when it comes to buying the parts, I feel pretty lost. I don't know if valve X is compatible with manifold Y, and if manifold Y can support 5 of Valve X, and if there's a separate pressure relief for each valve, and etc. Given enough time and some allowance for mistakes, I'm sure I could figure it out, but I would rather focus my efforts on other things.

Interesting. I had never heard of such a tool so I asked the great Google' for 'hydraulic manifold design' and top of the list was Sun Hydraulics. Watched the intro video. Neat stuff. It must be a wonderful sales tool for them.

Since it was top of the list, that can't be the tool you were looking for can it?
I don't think it was Sun, but that's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

OK, now I just feel stupid. I didn't post here until I'd spent a good hour looking. I have no explanation for why I wasn't able to find any of these. I even went to the Eaton website and didn't find it. I think I might just suck at internetting.

Thank you Very much! I will give all these a try tomorrow and see which one I like best.

Back