Where Can I Buy A Saddle Crank Handle?

RonRock

Registered
Registered
Another part I need for my recently acquired Enco 1005700. The saddle crank is broken off. I have the actual crank part that engages the saddle "gear" but it is broken off. It is a different size than the one on my Bridgeport, no surprise in that it is a smaller mill. So any ideas where I can buy one?

You may be able to use the hub of the broken handle by machining it round and welding or brazing it into another handle provided you have enough material in the hub area of the new handle. Or make an adapter. Grizzly sells all types and sizes of handles.

I thought of that. The piece I have is some kind of cast iron. It has the remains of a poorly done braze repair from the PO. So yes there should be enough material left to machine and braze onto a new handle. Trouble is finding one that is cast iron or something that will take a braze and be strong enough. From what I've seen the replacements are cast aluminum. I'll take a look at Grizzly.

If you can't easily find one, just make one. I made mine. It is not a difficult project.

Randy

Enco customer service and maybe better hurry almost August!

I tried them first. The machine is old enough that they don't have any record of it. Or the guy I talked to was lazy! He didn't seem to put out much effort to support one of their products. Really kinda put me off on anything Enco. I know that it is an older machine, but it is still a good machine well worth a part or two. This was a couple months ago when I first bought it. Of course I now know that Enco is going out, so maybe that had something to do with the poor help.

Still this machine must be like many others out there. Hard to believe that they would make a different crank for every mill saddle out there.

Back