When Collecting Junque, It Helps To Have...

middle.road

Granite Stoopid...
H-M Supporter Gold Member
... a good woman collecting (looking out) for you. And I am so dang lucky.
My Better Half was out hitting the estate sales today. I stayed away from this one because there was just too much neat stuff that probably would have found it's way into my shop.
But she found a few things. Still have a milk crate to sort through.
Total: $12.00
SquareD Foot Switch:
IMG_20151023_142212_526r.jpg
GE Disconnect. I needed this when wiring up the Mill last month. Might cut it in.
IMG_20151023_141430_101r.jpg

Yeah. My CJ went solo last weekend ad picked me up a 28x24 granite machinists slab. $5. Has a few scratches is all. Does it seem to you that estate sales are suddenly everywhere ? Or am I just now flinding out about them??? Of course the truck was pretty full w her stuff. :).

A 2x2 slab of granite for $5 - WOW? That's a good size what kind of condition and where's our picture?

Last edited:
You guys are lucky to have such proactive spouses! Unfortunately, my wife wouldn't know a surface plate from a cutting board.:(
(However, I did get a lathe for my birthday a couple of years ago, so all's not bad!):D
And another one is due soon. I'm thinking 5C collet chuck!
Bob

So Honey kept asking me Friday night if I was going to go back with her on Saturday, 1/2 off starts at 1:00.
I kept trying to resist and then she mentions that she has a video on her phone of the basement workshop.
That was it. So much for resisting. There must not have been any certified Tool Junkies there because I scored some decent stuff.

Nice assortment of miscellany to add to my other 'clutter', Full Huot # drill index.:
P1070994r.jpg
P1080013r.jpg
P1070995r.jpg A handful of small taps, #2-56 on up. Not certain if I'll ever use them...
Two Starrett pieces, a 6" square, and a combo head. How did those make it through til Sat???
P1070998r.jpg 9/16" nut driver. Nice oddball to add to the drawer.
P1080009r.jpg Finally a decent vise, better than the 'Made in Japan' Craftsman I have.
P1080008r.jpg Last month I needed a disconnect box, now I have three. Always works out that way doesn't it?
P1080005r.jpg And the same for flex conduit. Got some armored also.
P1080007r.jpg The gent was an electrician and there were a ton of cords all over.
I grabbed some 10 and 12 GA pig-tails. Need to figure out how to make those sometime.
Picked up anything with a plug and receptacle on it. Came away with about a dozen Bryant's.

Back