What's wrong with me??

Fortunately for me I have a few friends nearby that have lathes. I have called on them occasionally to do a part for me on short notice while my lathe was tied up.

Now, before you go and get a third lathe, I think you need a big shaper, most any 16"-36" weighing in at two tons or more would be suitable. I assume that you have at least one mill to keep your lathes company, yes, a shaper definitely before a third lathe. :D

Daughter (34) asked about my lathe, She took a look and said oh that's right you have two, I go no I have 4, the two small ones were covered up. She is like why do you need so many, I proceded to tell here it was not, I had one set for threading, On for small stuff, One working on, and the other was being used for larger stuff. then there is the small MILL and a it need a big mill.
Just have to find more money and a bigger garage.

Now, before you go and get a third lathe, I think you need a big shaper, most any 16"-36" weighing in at two tons or more would be suitable. I assume that you have at least one mill to keep your lathes company, yes, a shaper definitely before a third lathe. :D
I have a 13" shaper, a massive horizontal mill with a universal head, and a vertical mill, and a 1932 Francis rReed drill press that was a rescue mission!

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

And just to clarify, A 30x50 expansion in the near future for a 4 post car lift I "might" get. It will have a dedicated grinding room. There's also a small shop with the woodworking stuff in it, with an attached 20'x20' lean too that has most of the welding stuff, and the foundry. AANNDD a truck with an 8' utility bed to house the hand tools and gas compressor for when I need the ability to go mobile.
I also have need for an awning to house all the sand blasting equipment.

Too bad my wife won't tell me where the checkbook is.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

You won't find it here!
This site will only provide you with more justification for adding another tool.
More neat projects to build, more great techniques to try, and outright "enabling" of your/our disease.

I once heard it said of Norm Abram that he doesn't change bits, he changes routers.

Personally, I am not even at step one of the recovery program.
I do NOT admit that I have a problem.

So to answer your title question of what's wrong with you, I say:
Absolutely Nothing! :encourage:

-brino
If that was really Norm Abrams, he would have said "routas"

I need a cure!

There is no cure ! I have the illness also and unfortunately the illness moved into restoring older Cub Cadets . Tools I can store away into boxes ...........not so easy with tractors . :(

And just to clarify, A 30x50 expansion in the near future for a 4 post car lift I "might" get. It will have a dedicated grinding room. There's also a small shop with the woodworking stuff in it, with an attached 20'x20' lean too that has most of the welding stuff, and the foundry. AANNDD a truck with an 8' utility bed to house the hand tools and gas compressor for when I need the ability to go mobile.
I also have need for an awning to house all the sand blasting equipment.

WHAT? No painting/finishing room? With curtains and negative pressure?

-brino

Back