What's The Best Way To Bend 10mm X 96mm, 24ga Sterling Silver Sheet?

Need more info on what you are trying to do? But 24g sterling is very easy to work with. Depending on you your needs, you can make a bending fixture(s) out of hard plastic for the job. I picked up a truck load of Delrin sheet goods a while back. And I can’t tell you how many times I have used that stuff instead of metal. And every time it has impressed me. Holds up well to my needs, just like metal. And it machines like liquid butter. And no darn microscopic metal slivers either!...Dave.

Last edited:
Combining the good advise above, I would take a straight , curved end burnisher
Polished t to a perfect radiused edge , and using a straight edge, scribe a moderate
line ( on a perfect flat surface ). Try this with copper or aluminum flashing stock,
Same guage . Should bend easily with progressive finger pressure note;very low
Trial Investment. BLJHB.

Hey guys, thanks for the advice. I took off on a journey of experimenting with things, and forgot about this thread. I had success with a cheapo metal brake from HF, but what ended up working best was 3d printing a jig in the final shape of the pattern I was looking to bend. Then just bending it by hand.

My wife does quite a bit of art metal work, I bought a very basic hand brake and then polished the bending surfaces so it leaves no tool marks. I think I paid less than $50 for the brake and no more than a couple hours polishing it. She often makes boxes and other projects using this and has great results. George has great suggestions regarding the feeding of a long strip and we handled the issue by mounting the brake to a piece of hardwood which she can clamp to her bench which allows her to let a strip hang from either side or to lay out on the bench surface. She also applies a protective sheet to the metal which can be used for layout and to protect the surface. Smaller sheets or strips she bends exactly as George suggests; using smooth vise jaws and a wooden buck.

Back