What rotary table to get

12" weighs 200 lbs even and i do workout so i can lift it, it's just that i rarely want to. when i was looking for a table i was at PM, and most said 10-12" or nothing. i think its a load of bull, rarely do i make big pieces, and though you can make small stuff on it, if it's on the table :rofl:

i like things in that 50-100 range, much easier to grab and move around.

12" weighs 200 lbs even and i do workout so i can lift it, it's just that i rarely want to. when i was looking for a table i was at PM, and most said 10-12" or nothing. i think its a load of bull, rarely do i make big pieces, and though you can make small stuff on it, if it's on the table :rofl:

i like things in that 50-100 range, much easier to grab and move around.

Well, that's why they make all different sizes I suppose.
For a full sized mill I agree with those on PM. Full sized table.
But the OP has a smaller mill so in his case a 6" table may be about perfect.

BTW, that 200# 12" must be a monster since my 200+# table is a 12" Troyke with a 9"x9" X-Y cross slide on top. And Troyke makes a pretty stout table.

As long as your table is at least 6 inches wide it will fit. My table is 6X24 and it fits perfect.

"Billy G"

My table is 5-1/4" x 19-1/2"

I'd like the 6" if it fits, I think it will, but will hang over a bit.

The square end will hang over 3/8 inches both ways. The base is exactly 6 inches wide at the square end. You should have no problem living with that.

"Billy G.

Thanks for the help everyone. I am going to get the 6" with the dividing plates and tailstock. Not sure if I'll wait to get to the States and pick up the Grizzley or if I'll get the busybee one sooner.

I hate to tell it, but I bought a Phase 2 12" like this one with the dividing plates and tail stock for $100, and it was all new in the factory wood boxes....Please don't hate I gave the guy what he was asking....

just like this one, only mine is that odd green-gold color...
http://www.travers.com/342852-65-221-312

bought it on ebay, cleaned it up and its been a nice addition, but egad... not something you want to catch a finger under.

I use a 10" phase II rotary table. Its the perfect size for all kinds of work and it only costs around $450.00 That's cheap compared to some of the other ones out there. I don't see how people buy these 4" or other small tables. They are useless unless your making watch parts.

I use a 10" phase II rotary table. Its the perfect size for all kinds of work and it only costs around $450.00 That's cheap compared to some of the other ones out there. I don't see how people buy these 4" or other small tables. They are useless unless your making watch parts.

Some people are just hobbyists and have small mills that can only accept small tables. Even putting out $350 on the 6" is still questionable for me at this point as I have no project to use it for but I'd like to get one to play with so I know what I can do with it.

Back