What Model Beaver Is This?

Gfrost

Registered
Registered
00n0n_x7z2X18X0G_600x450.jpg

Does anyone recognize this mill? What Model? It is for sale near by and I am trying to find more information.

H-M member http://www.hobby-machinist.com/members/ml_woy.2997/ has a Beaver mill. It is a very nice and heavy machine, at least equal to a Bridgeport, but of course a lot rarer. The one he has is definitely not a Bridgeport clone. You might start a conversation with ML to get more information. From the picture that one looks pretty nice...

Edit: His might be a PAL, not a Beaver, but same company...
His looks about the same as the one at this link:
http://www.lathes.co.uk/beaver/

You have a VBRP , it is 3 hp with a 30MT spindle, this one is typical of them all, the "Y" power feed has failed and been removed, the power switch has failed and been replaced with a reversing switch. Made in England and no parts are available. Additionally the power down feed is very flimsy designed and typically fail. I bought mine 30 years and from a local machine shop when they could not hold tolerance with it, I got it for $700 back then and it has certainly paid for itself but care must be taken when using. The Y axis has two acme nuts under the table to try for o backlash which can be adjusted in but soon changes and causes binding in the screw, it is a pain to adjust. Something I learned after I bought mine is the base is cast aluminium not CI and very top heavy, rotate the head horizontal with the table and block with a 2x4 before moving. Another drawback is the work height, a riser is a great plus for this machine. There is a web sit from Europe that lists a picture of the parts if you search for it.

Thank you for the replies! Greatly appreciated!
It is on craigslist for $1100 Lack of parts concerns me!!
That and it would cost me 100-150 to go look at it, a days drive away??? Hmmm

00n0n_x7z2X18X0G_600x450.jpg

Does anyone recognize this mill? What Model? It is for sale near by and I am trying to find more information.
GFrost,

Where is this one located at? Haven't seen it on craigslist. I'm in eastern WA, about 60 miles south of Spokane.

Bob

Back