What kind of Atlas Lathe is this?

mjhenks

Active User
Registered
Neighbor has this Atlas she wants to get rid of. It is burried so this is about the only picture i could get.

Can you guys help ID this? I think it is a 10". The bed is really long. Maybe 36" center to center. I could not locate any ID on it but could not get access to the tail stock area.

It suposidly ran but has sat for more than 15 years.

I was eyeing the QCGB to adapt to my Logan 9". Anyone know if that would work?

Thank you.

IMG_0622.JPG

If it is 36" c2c then it should be QC54? As for model number I will defer to more experts.
Pierre

If the price was right I would jump all over this and get it home. Hook it up and clean a little and lube, oil, it up and use it.
As for using the gear box on a logan, it would be too much to modify for that I would think. I'd use it as is.
John

That looks just like the one I just bought a few weeks ago. The only thing that I DON'T see, that is on mine is the "back gear engaging
lever".
Mine is a QC 54, a 10" a machine. The ID tag is on the casting on the tail end.
I would not hesitate to buy it , for the right price. I paid 800.00 for mine at an estate sale here in Oregon.
Regards
Jack

It is one of the following, depending upon actual bed length:

QC54 54" bed 36" c2c
QC48 48" bed 30" c2c
QC42 42" bed 24" c2c
QC36 36" bed 18" c2c
Or any of the 10F Change Gear models with optional QCGB installed.

The gear box will not fit a Logan without extensive modifications.

Try not to let it go to scrap or a landfill. It could make someone a good machine.

Robert D.

It is a 54" bed. The picture shows the casting number 954. Other than some surface rust that will clean up easily, there appears to be nothing major wrong, if it is true that it was just parked there for the last few years.
I agree wtih Robert, get it and use it!
Pierre

That's a 10" with Timken bearings and the QCGB.
Well worth cleaning and using.

Duh! You're right, it is a 954 bed. Guess my eyes aren't what they once were.

Robert D.

I'll give you $10. Seriously, that's probably worth restoring or using if you get it for a few hundred.

Neighbor has this Atlas she wants to get rid of. It is burried so this is about the only picture i could get.

Can you guys help ID this? I think it is a 10". The bed is really long. Maybe 36" center to center. I could not locate any ID on it but could not get access to the tail stock area.

It suposidly ran but has sat for more than 15 years.

I was eyeing the QCGB to adapt to my Logan 9". Anyone know if that would work?

Thank you.

That also looks like a 5" chuck with reversible jaws.. not something you see everyday. I'm curious what brand it is.

Back