VN What Is It, Attached To Vn22l Overarm

Looks like a vertical attachment on a horizontal mill.

If you're talking about that little gizmo on the end, it looks, innocently enough, like a utility clamp of some sort. Maybe shop made.

My guess is that it was for a shop light.

Wrat

That's been my guess.
She has no coolant pump.
But my guess was the nozzle from the pump or a light.

Daryl
MN

That's been my guess.
She has no coolant pump.
But my guess was the nozzle from the pump or a light.

Daryl
MN

Agreed, the manual shows a similar type piece on page 13, for the coolant spray.

Makes sense that it is designed to hold the coolant spray. Page 13 of what manual? I checked the 22L and 12 manuals and didn't see it

Thanks for the photo post. With all the original manuals and ones that I have downloaded I don't remember seeing this diagram.
I use flood coolant when necessary. I don't have a VN coolant pump, just a Harbor Freight pump in a 5 gallon bucket. Biggest issue is directing the coolant onto the cutter at the "right" place. I can see how this clamp and rod will make using coolant a lot easier.

Mike

My VN22LU has the coolant pump, the pipes going up, and then a rubber hose that was zip tied to the overarm. I was going to try to copy that clamp, but have not decided on using the coolant yet or not. I'm leaning more towards a mist cooling system right now, since I have not gotten into using the mill much yet.

Back