What is a "sensitive drill press" and is it useful in a home machine shop?

Nelson
As you can see from the above link the small sensitive drill press is very expensive. It would be nice but not justifiable. The sensitive chuck is operated by your finger tips on that disc as it's shaft is telescopic. There is no pressure from the quill at all and as mentioned above the speed is much higher. Another thing to remember most large drill chucks do not go down to zero which is what is required for these small drills.
Nick

:)Hello,
the Proxon drill column little is the best in my humble opinion, but this is of course, my opinion, I do not speak little drill Proxon support, but the drill column is really very good.

The acsessoire of drilling for small diameter on the lathe is also very convenient, I've built one, but I use it because my drill chuck "Romh" should be 0 to 16mm, the 3 jaws is closed completely, the disadvantage is that it feel less drilling operations in very small diameter, with a bits of 0.30mm for example, he is in our interest to feel the pressure exercised if do not want to have all break!

Sincerely yours,
Jean-Michel.

Back