What I do for fun....1911s

that slide looks like it's ready to spit some serious lead
do you have to change to lighter springs when you start hogging out vents to compensate for loss of mass?

the slide looks beautiful
:man:

i like the defender too!!!!

the Para Ordnance P-12 was my choice, it fits nice shoots very well and it's double stacked.
i feel as one with it....
i put some pachmayr's on it, changed out the grip safety, went to the skeleton hammer and couldn't be happier

Love the vents! Now you just need a ported barrel to match!

Thanks again guys. The cuts on the 2011 slide were more for looks than weight reduction so no need for a spring change. If the owner wanted to cut more weight and shoot handloads we could play with spring rates to reduce the muzzle flip and dip to almost nothing and still have 100% reliability.

that slide looks like it's ready to spit some serious lead
do you have to change to lighter springs when you start hogging out vents to compensate for loss of mass?

the slide looks beautiful
:man:

i like the defender too!!!!

the Para Ordnance P-12 was my choice, it fits nice shoots very well and it's double stacked.
i feel as one with it....
i put some pachmayr's on it, changed out the grip safety, went to the skeleton hammer and couldn't be happier

Beautiful work! After my shop is set up and have caught up on projects... may venture into some firearm work.

1911's are my choice also... both for carry and for shooting!
Tried a Springfield XD... while it has its advantages, it is not a 1911.

Need to look at the Para Ordinance... watched a video on it, never held one.

The defender is sweet!

Good looking work! I am south of you in Colorado Springs and also a 1911 fan.

Back