What I Did At Work This Week....

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
Registered
Mission:
retrofit control system, remove unnecessary components, bring machine back from DEAD!
make machine operate ASAP ! (wanted it yesterday)

Before:

sc 1.jpg
disassembled...
sc 2.jpg
sc3.jpg
after control retrofit:
yes, there are a million wires present....
i have had bowls of spaghetti that have looked tamer!

sc5.jpg
shortened infeed system:
sc4.jpg
and the side view:
sc6.jpg

Last edited:
Nice, You don't see many multi linked, quad drive, fromulators like that anymore.:) Cheers, Mike

I have to ask - what does this machine do?

Nice, You don't see many multi linked, quad drive, fromulators like that anymore.:) Cheers, Mike
Thank you mike,
I admit it's a bit confusing to watch!

I have to ask - what does this machine do?
Hi Mikey,
It is a moderate speed (adjustable 15-45 pkgs minute) pvc overwrap machine used in the meat and vegetable packaging industries
Chances are that you have eaten food that has been packed on one of the many machines i service!

Last edited:
Oh, okay, I get it. I watched the video twice and couldn't imagine what it did but now that you enlightened me, I can see how it works. I assume the two blades that come in from the sides are heated to seal the package.

Thanks, Mike - learned something new today!

Hi Mikey,
thanks for your interest.
the 2 blades that come in from the sides are folders, they are responsible for folding and tucking the film in on the sides if the package.
there is a (brown) teflon belt that runs over a 1200watt heating plate, heated to 125*C, that fuses the film on the bottom side of the package and prevents unwrap

He really is a true Doctor! I've often wondered why he used this handle.

CHuck the Grunpy old Guy

Oh, okay, I get it. I watched the video twice and couldn't imagine what it did but now that you enlightened me, I can see how it works. I assume the two blades that come in from the sides are heated to seal the package.

Thanks, Mike - learned something new today!
Now that you've figured that out watch the knotters on a square baler.

The guy that invented that knotter carved his prototype out of wood.

Back