What Hand Cleaner?

GoJo has always worked for me since the early 1960's. I use the pumice with lanolin variety. The plain old GoJo from years ago was great for use without water. Most likely the formula has changed though. When I know I'm gonna get really dirty I use a product called Invisible Glove. It used to be Dupont protect in the 60's. Nothing sticks to your skin with that applied. Just washes off with water or GoJo. My dad had some detectives (his friends) try to get his finger prints with that stuff on his hands. They couldn't get fingerprints from anything he touched. Probably why Dupont took their version off the market.

Roy

I've been using good ole Lava bar soap lately, works great! But then I have to use the wife's perfumee stuff to get the Lava smell off. It's warm enough now to put a bottle of something liquid back out in the shop now.

I used to use a protective hand cream called "invisible glove" before starting my day or touching the dirty greasy stuff, I'm not sure if the formula has changed over the years but at the time there was nothing like it , all the grime and black grease just washes away with warm water and soap.
https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Magic-5215-Invisible-Protective/dp/B000BPEPA0/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1492111006&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=nvisible+Glove+Protective+Hand+Coating&th=1
I used to use it too. It was good.
Now I use fast orange w/pumice by permatex. The pumice really helps

Tide laundry detergent powder.

Tom

Dawn dishwashing soap, the blue stuff, saves wildlife,
Best I've found for oil, dirt, grease,
:)
My go to now is 1 part Dawn 3-4 parts Dr. Bronners 5 parts water.
I was using dilute Dr.B on dry hands then adding a drop of dawn to cut the hard stuff but this is easier.
On a side note I'm testing it as a short term metal prep/storing spray for keeping flash rust at bay after rinsing electrolyte solution off.

Back