What Do You Use To Draw/design Projects?

Fusion 360 is my go to software for CAD and design, but if that doesn't work I go to Rhinoceros or Zbrush, but I always start off with quick sketches on my iPad. Then take those sketches into the software and build up from there.

Welcome!
What app are you using on your iPad?
I've done a little in Fusion, but real work keeps getting in the way of working with and learning it better.
Recently bought Solidworks for paying jobs, so learning that is occupying most of my brain-space now.

Stan
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome!
What app are you using on your iPad?
I've done a little in Fusion, but real work keeps getting in the way of working with and learning it better.
Recently bought Solidworks for paying jobs, so learning that is occupying most of my brain-space now.

Stan
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!
I'm using ProCreate on my iPad Pro. It's pretty much photoshop on a tablet. It's awesome! I'm able to sketch freehand and then can just share the jpg or png to Fusion.

Fusion has a ton of free webinars that they post about on Facebook. Plus they record them and post to youtube. They have a ton of tutorials on there on how to get started with design, sculpting, CAM, similation, prepping for 3D printing, and so on. A few friends of mine have actually done a couple webinars on there. I'd highly suggest to check them out.

I'm currently taking a Solidworks class at school and... I'm constantly frustrated with it... I know that people love it and whatnot but the workflow for me, but that's me. Not everyone is me. :)

Thank you!
I'm using ProCreate on my iPad Pro. It's pretty much photoshop on a tablet. It's awesome! I'm able to sketch freehand and then can just share the jpg or png to Fusion.

Fusion has a ton of free webinars that they post about on Facebook. Plus they record them and post to youtube. They have a ton of tutorials on there on how to get started with design, sculpting, CAM, similation, prepping for 3D printing, and so on. A few friends of mine have actually done a couple webinars on there. I'd highly suggest to check them out.

I'm currently taking a Solidworks class at school and... I'm constantly frustrated with it... I know that people love it and whatnot but the workflow for me, but that's me. Not everyone is me. :)

i'll have to give that one a look. i'm probably due for a new ipad too.
i've gone through some of their tutorials and find Fusion pretty easy to follow. i'm self-taught on AutoCAD and used it for years. now i use Draftsight (for 2D stuff) and Sketchup Pro. i would agree with you about Solidworks' workflow; not exactly intuitive (to me).

i'll have to give that one a look. i'm probably due for a new ipad too.
i've gone through some of their tutorials and find Fusion pretty easy to follow. i'm self-taught on AutoCAD and used it for years. now i use Draftsight (for 2D stuff) and Sketchup Pro. i would agree with you about Solidworks' workflow; not exactly intuitive (to me).

Ya. I'd wait till towards the end of the month. Apple may, rumored to, have another keynote. :D Fingers crossed!

Solidworks 2016 for 3D, Trimble Sketchup 2016 (Free edition) for quick sketches and a biro and half a sheet of A4 for working notes :)

Solidworks 2016 for 3D, Trimble Sketchup 2016 (Free edition) for quick sketches and a biro and half a sheet of A4 for working notes :)

I'm a pencil pusher, could somebody re-write this for me? That last part about biro and half sheet of A4 means nothing to me.

"Billy G"

RATZ -- now I have to learn what a ball point pen is again. ROTFLMBO

:Billy G"

Last edited by a moderator:
Back