What Do You Use To Draw/design Projects?

Hi Bob, I' Tea Tree Gully way.
I tried Fusion 360 after reading some really good reviews. Sadly I was unable to download it, apparently not unusual.
Sometimes simple is best....why I hang on to TurboCAD, it's not the best, but it is easy after 20 years!!
cheers
Bill

Please be specific....
I always use a paper and pencil first. Just so I don't forget a concept idea. Then Bobcad 20 for all my .dxf drawings. For those that never may have heard about this "old news"
I think it is Bobcad 13 that we started with years ago (only because it was cheap) but Bobcad 13 didn't need a license for multiple users. It only runs on 32bit Oper sys. Funny also but it runs on my Windows 7
32 bit. I use ver. 20 for lathe and mill work. That's my starting point for my little 3 axis router too.
oh and thanks to the admin for my approval.

I always use a paper and pencil first. Just so I don't forget a concept idea. Then Bobcad 20 for all my .dxf drawings. For those that never may have heard about this "old news"
I think it is Bobcad 13 that we started with years ago (only because it was cheap) but Bobcad 13 didn't need a license for multiple users. It only runs on 32bit Oper sys. Funny also but it runs on my Windows 7
32 bit. I use ver. 20 for lathe and mill work. That's my starting point for my little 3 axis router too.
oh and thanks to the admin for my approval.

Thanks, I've never used anay form of CAD before, and don't even know where to start. I'm looking for something that is low cost Hobby use only and most important easy to learn for an absolute beginner.

Thanks, I've never used anay form of CAD before, and don't even know where to start. I'm looking for something that is low cost Hobby use only and most important easy to learn for an absolute beginner.

Take a look at Emachineshop. It's free and easy to learn.

Tom S.

I use autocad 13 , the last up grade I bought before they priced me out of the market

Take a look at Emachineshop. It's free and easy to learn.

Tom S.

Thanks Tom, yes I've heard that it's easy to use and cheap, as in free. However I've also heard that it does not produce a dimensioned drawing you can work from..

Back