2017 - The Original "What Did You Buy Today?" Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordered two ER40 collet blocks from Arceurotrade. They appear well made - Chinesium of course but with the corresponding price. I sprung for a ball bearing cap since it was quite inexpensive. It is not the same quality as a Maritool cap but it's okay.

These blocks appear to be better made than some 5c blocks I bought off Amazon. I am betting their 5C blocks would be a good thing to have.

It is amazing they show up from the UK in 4 days or less and the shipping is reasonable.

ER40 blocks.jpg

UPS man just brought this from my Amazon Prime order. As always, Amazon delivered it in a big hurry but it was a $44.28 dollar lesson.
haimer tip.jpg

It is amazing they show up from the UK in 4 days or less and the shipping is reasonable.

Ah, they must be getting slow. ;)

Mine arrived in just 1 business day by FedEx. I was shocked!

UPS man just brought this from my Amazon Prime order. As always, Amazon delivered it in a big hurry but it was a $44.28 dollar lesson

Also learned the same lesson the hard way when I was using the rapid power feed button and went the wrong way. I bought two replacement styluses figuring if it happened once, it will probably happen again. These days when I use my Haimer, it is always two hands and I never use the table power feeds when it is chucked up. Also super careful with the keyless chuck, and wrong twist and it will drop to the table. At least the Haimer has a breakaway stylus that is user replaceable, other manufactures they need to be sent back to the factory at much greater cost. You will also need to recheck the stylus alignment after the sytlus is replaced.

Yes, Mark. I bought two!

One from Amazon and one from ebay (slow boat). I needed one in a hurry so I paid the Amazon premium to get it faster.

That pin wrench looks just like the Stanley Facom one. Anything Facom is expensive.

EDIT: With a closer look it looks it does say Facom on it, I can make out the Facom logo for sure.
You are correct sir, good eyes. I had never heard of this company before.

You are correct sir, good eyes. I had never heard of this company before.

They are a French company & have been around for a while. Not very popular in the US besides those who are Eurpoean vehicles enthusiast. They're quite expensive & in my opinion some of their tools look noveltyish or too fancy. I do own a couple of their hacksaws though & like them a lot. Expensive though, made in France.

They used to own SK Tools & Facom is now owned by the Stanley Black & Decker group. They used sell Ferrari branded tools. Not sure if they were the official supplier of hand tools for Ferrari though. These days it's Beta Tools that Ferrari uses.

Same here I leant out my makita 4.5 grinder. it came back with the aluminum head cracked, the lock broken and the thing covered in black goo.
My friend then went and bought a new one for himself, and returned mine in shreds.

I didn't get that. He thought nothing of it. He kinda got upset when I went WTF.

I bought a HF unit because I was unemployed at the time. Seems to work good. I miss the makita though. Might go for a Makita 7" .. I always return it in good shape, or I buy them a new one, and keep the old. I just don't get people who think it's my job to clean it, or replace it.
The reason I won't lend tools at all. I've rented some with large enough deposit to cover replacement . That way I'm covered if they don't like it , they can buy there own. I spend my money on tools cause it's my joy. My shops full of every kind. I don't drink or smoke even don't full around . My wife's for that pleasure and always will be.

Me was tempted and gave into it. Seems there's these broaching sets at super fanominal cost for a 10a set. Bolton tools is selling the set for $31.88 + $9.00 shipping. A posting on here peaked my interest and led me into the paths of purchase.
So they'll be coming at some point. I'm out of cash but something will come up to get the money to pay the bill. I made $8.50 last Tuesday while I was out to the hospital , did them up before going back in the house of pain. Sharpened the blades after cleaning , lube the joint after adjusting and replaced two rubber bumpers with what I had around. It should have been a twenty buck job but need happy customers to keep them.
Give a little prayer on Wednesday morning I go for a out patient surgery. Next will be mris. God I'm tired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back