2017 - The Original "What Did You Buy Today?" Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, that's probably me. making the videos keeps me motivated and learning new stuff.

Keep it up! Watching machining videos keeps me motivated but also causes me to buy more tools! I don't even watch broadcast TV anymore. I just watch YT TV on my Fire TV.

Bought a pair (0-1" and 1-2")of Tesa screw thread micrometers in mint condition on ebay, complete with full set of anvils and a standard. I had been using a Fowler set (Chinese) that was on a semi-permanent loan but that went back last week. I absolutely hate thread wires; I always drop them in the chip pan or on the floor ... always! I've been looking for this set for years now and it finally turned up at a price that was a comparative steal. Just the checking standard, if bought at retail, would have just about covered the cost of this entire set.

IMG_5352.JPG IMG_5354.JPG IMG_5356.JPG

This is a little bit of a duplicate post because it originated out of another thread where I got some great advice.

I'm in the process of tooling up for my first mill and I just ordered a 5" Glacern vise with swivel base and their keyless chuck:

gsv550_swivel_01.jpg Capture.PNG

I ordered some adjustable parallels from LMS---may never use them :grin:

Thats what i thought when i got my first set, but I now have 3. My biggest problem was remembering I had that first set. They are very useful in all kinds of setups. Once you start using them in lots of odd setups, it will become second nature to think of them, even first sometimes. Happy machining, JR49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back