What Did You Buy Today?

Got a nice 6" Mit height gage. Probably paid a little too much, but I just couldn't pass it up.

Oh, we also made the last mortgage payment on our house! :)
Congrats on paying off your house! It does wonders for your shop budget!

Bruce

Couple of recent pick ups. Bought some 6-32 spiral flute taps and a 29 pc. set (1/16" - 1/2") of Norseman screw machine length drill bits. I have an import set of stubby drills at my mills, but am looking at buying a 4th mill and wanted a set of good drill bits for the new machine.

Bruce

6-32 spiral flute taps
20190608_101055.jpg

Norseman stubby drill bits for a new (used) mill coming to my shop
20190608_100937.jpg

3 sets of brakes and rotors for the Hondas :rolleyes: Another busy day coming up , but maybe , just maybe , I'll get to wipe down the lathe and mill for their initial clean-up .

I've been fairly impressed with everything I've gotten from Poland. Especially those wonderful Pierogi's. Please let us know what you think of it. Cheers, Mike

So far so good. It’s a good, sturdy bit of kit. The in built lamp is blown, and it didn’t come with the power supply for it - but that’s no big deal as I’m converting it from the incandescent bulb it had to an LED.

I also got from a separate auction some x25 objectives. I dunno how useful they will be for its intended purpose (soldering etc) as its probably a bit too strong a magnification, and the light requirement goes up... but it’s fun inspecting stuff and seeing the craters in that perfectly finished part you just milled. :oops::p

I've been after a good depth gauge for a long long time and have been making do with an adapter I made for my digital caliper. Saw this on eBay and got it for $66, it's a Starrett 445M :)
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

also after a tip from Mikey (thanks Mikey!) I got a sent of what look like brand new Yuasa telescoping bore gauges, by all accounts the same as Mitutoyo bore guages. The feel very smooth and lock up easily, much better than the cheap HF ones and the old Starrett 579s I have (which will now go on CL). Got them for $37.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

they honestly don't look used at all.

These were my present to myself for teaching this summer and I'm really pumped with them!

Back