What Did You Buy Today?

Got me a full set of counterbores w/ interchangeable pilots before them stupid tarrifs fully kick in. ;)
20190530_195418.jpg

Some stainless steel wire brushes. Couldn't pass them up at 5 cents ea! I tried to buy a boat load of them but that's all they had left.
20190530_195941.jpg

5 pack of pairs of 1-2-3 blocks from All Industrial. $35 + shipping. Shipping was $15 for me but still a great price!
20190602_143907.jpg

Wanted some bigger slitting saws than what I had. Listing listed the sizes but I didn't really think about it. Holy crap they are huge! The 6" ones I may use but the 8" ones I don't know, just scary thinking about it! Not bad for $25 + shipping. Used but still sharp (one is resharpened I assume) & all made in the USA.
20190602_144105.jpg

To give you an idea of the size. 1" bores, my vise is a 5". 8" saw mounted, 6"ers & another 8" in the background. They still look much smaller in the pic than in real life!
20190602_142841.jpg

Im unfortunately in the looks soon for a saw blade thats prob about 4" to 5" with a .06 thickness. Sorta scary lol.

Went prowling on eBay the other day, a regular occurance, looking for small stuff like I use. The buy is several days old, showed up Sat PM.

I found a sale of small taps, what looked like the size 2 or 3 and down. Turns out they were all the same size, an archaic size at that. I have a number of machine screw sizes around 0-80, 0.060 at 80 TPI. These turned out to be 1/16"-84, at 0.0625". I can't immediately use that size, but intend to do a little research on the screw size and find out when it was superceeded. I haven't seen fractional sizes since I was very young. There have been times I used an 0-80 screw and it felt sloppy. Maybe... ??? A little smaller than 2 MM and larger than 1.5 MM.

The other, from the same seller, was a handful of double ended milling cutters. There were a couple of dark colour and non-magnetic. I figure carbide... ??? Size a fuzz under 1 MM, I figure 0.035" or so. The largest one was 0.140". All with 0.1875 shanks, 3/16". I already have adapters in MT-2 and R-8 for both mills, the Chinese one and the Atlas.

I bought them essentially blind, the photo showed them but nothing to reference size to. Both the mills and the taps...

Thanks for listening, Bill Hudson

I'm still waiting for a time slot on the 2 lathes and Bridgeport , but I will be having lots of grinding wheels delivered to the garage tomorrow Jeff . They go with the Micromasters . Depending on how many my buddy has , I'll keep you in mind . At this point I'm still not positive on whether the SG will stay with me . :dunno: My plan is still to downsize .

I measured the space between my shop door and my lathe, it’s 59”.
I may need to move the lathe to get the Micromaster in.

I measured the space between my shop door and my lathe, it’s 59”.
I may need to move the lathe to get the Micromaster in.

Jeff , the Micromaster will slide right thru that 59" . The measurement I gave you included the full table stroke . :encourage: Like I said , it's a heavy machine , plan on it .

Im unfortunately in the looks soon for a saw blade thats prob about 4" to 5" with a .06 thickness. Sorta scary lol.

Whatya need Brent ? ;) I'll meet you up in Oneonta .

Got the equipment home with no moving issues . Bridgeport Series 1 2 hp . The Clausing 5917 and the Atlas 3996 . ( along with boxes and boxes of tooling )

I have to knock the dust off of these as they have gone un-used in our other plant for years . :)

Attachments

• IMG_0280.JPG
    IMG_0280.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0281.JPG
    IMG_0281.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0282.JPG
    IMG_0282.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0283.JPG
    IMG_0283.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0284.JPG
    IMG_0284.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 58
Dang, you have got a nice haul there.
Let us know the condition on those beauties.

Back