What Did You Buy Today?

There's this cute little gizmo for a drill motor that's an inverted countersink tool. Bought one for my brother and one for me. From China, rare but it does happen. Supposed to debur the end of a stud or bolt. Did a nice job in the adverts. We'll see when it gets here. I don't have a photo, will take one when I have it in hand.
I've seen them various places on the web. But as far as I could tell, they all said they were stainless steel - not the best material for holding an edge, so I've been hesitant. Let us know how yours turn out. And if they're good, please include a link!

Looks like the Clausing is a 5913 or 5914 variable speed . Good and bad . The Atlas may be a 3996 from what I can tell . The BP is a series 1 with DROs , power feed in x with a Kurt vise and lots of tooling . They have not been used extensively because we have no machinist in the other plant . No visable wear on either lathes and they have all the goodies too . :)

I'm in the long tedious process of reorganizing my shop. I'm also closing in a 12 x 14 slab on the back. I have been looking for cabinets for tools and other things and ran across an old napa cabinet that works well for paint supplies. Also found a 2 drawer 36 x 18 cabinet that will hold my routers and buffers.
20190524_122107.jpg20190524_122048.jpg20190524_122123.jpg

Found this at a flea market today. It's what I assume is some sort of demo-tool, made from clear plastic. Cool curiosity, and more or less free so I couldn't pass it up.

2087639bec44323ce149120dfe4edab8.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Bought this Triumph 4 post lift ( https://liftswholesale.com/4-post/triumph-nss-8xlt-8000-lb-4-post-lift/ ) to augment my two post. My new helper "Jen" and I assembled it in about 4hrs less time spent changing out a few cheesy pieces of hardware. Really liking the fact that it is totally mobile, and that I can work on vehicles with the suspension setting at normal ride height for fabricating exhaust systems, and suspension components. Easily accommodates my extra cab F-250, and comes with a sliding jack tray for lifting wheels clear of ramps. Will be making a second jack tray so I can lift front and rear simultaneously. After pricing there optional air/hyd scissor
jacks, I will be making two of my own for about 1/4 the cost. Over all, real happy with the quality, and function. Mike

IMG_20190512_104212567.jpg

Parents sent me a picture of a boring bar on Saturday saying there was a make an offer sign on it. I took a look and could barely make out the manufacturer. Told my parents to go back and make an offer for me, sight unseen. Dad says nah, "offer them such and such$". Well I could not make it over there so I sent him over. Low and behold the lady accepted. I felt a little bad having figured out the manufacturer and the accessories that came with it make these pretty valuable (maybe a bit over prices IMHO).

So I go and pick it up on Sunday and the ladies husband won't come out to help because she accepted my dads offer (which was strange because he was standing behind her at the time). Anyways I pull into my pocket and cough up more $ for her feeling guilty that I said I would probably end up using it.

So what the heck will I use it for, no clue but its cool. And yeah I will probably sell. I'll try to bore out some old Guzzi cylinders I have lying around but thats about it.

Now all I need is a decent shop to spread out in. Climbing over one piece of equipment to use another is getting (gotten) old. The intent here is the "gizmo" I mentioned a couple of days ago. The one for deburring a fastener. Or sharpening a pencil, if that's your bent. Or, in woodworking, tapering the end of dowel rods.

I thought it was shipped from China, but is here already. I'm impressed there. The tool is (probably) stainless, not HSS. So, it will work the first few times I use it. But looks to be resharpenable, so a plus there if it really is. It was cheap enough that I won't be out anything if it doesn't live up to the adverts. Oh, and it works in both directions, in case you're cleaning up a left hand fastener with a left hand drill motor.

There are several, probably different manufacturers. Some are "TiN", titanium Nitride, coated. I'm not real impressed with TiN for cutting tools. Especially metal cutting tools. Seems the first time they are sharpened, the coating goes away where it's needed. So, I won't pay more to get a marketing gimmick.

A photo and link is below, as requested:

Bill Hudson​

Due to my advancing decrepitude, I find soldering (especially SMD stuff) a pain in the butt. So when I saw this on eBay for buttons, I thought hmmmm. Wonder if that would help. Guess we’ll see. ;)

It’s a PZO MST-130 stereo microscope, with 6.3x objectives. Hopefully it’s optics are ok. B36A2827-7B58-4458-9FC6-5B936633E381.jpeg63552732-0C2D-4D1F-B7D1-75B652769AF5.jpegAF203A56-4BBE-49EF-8607-BF1D8C48E0A5.jpegAF2FEC4C-A105-42CA-964C-E6C78237156F.jpeg

Spent the last 5 weeks working at an all purpose shop, both wood and metal. Shop manager would come in every morning, scribbled some bird scratch, stick figures with crude approximate numbers on wood, paper, plastic, metal, old lunch wrappers... than it was my job to make up this mad scientist idea and turn it into something... actually was kinda a fun job lol
Shop manager had a crude deburring tool, loved to use it on everything. I got in the habit of using it also.

So I went on amazon and purchased a set of nova deburring tools, 1 for sheetmetal, 1 for holes and 1 for standard deburring

Attachments

• 20190528_110519.jpg
    20190528_110519.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 30
Back