What Did You Buy Today?

I'm happy. I dont know about run out, I don't care hehehe. Drilled some holes in crs barstock and the holes look good, the drill bits went in straight. The drills loosen and tighten quickly and securely. Far easier to use than the keyed Jacob's chuck.20190511_141548.jpg
That is a picture of the jaws closed. Looks like that will take a very tiny drill bit if that is important for you.

Local swap meet again today. Nothing spectacular. I have something for files, have more than I could use in a life time. But for a buck a pc. you can’t go wrong.
14A1B5FD-7EEC-4035-B085-D91246846E9E.jpeg
976DFA34-CD60-48D0-AF33-3F6750AB587A.jpeg

Saw this tap and was more curious as to the style does anyone know what style this is called and the application? Then some slitting saw blades and a sharpening stone. All for a sawbuck not bad.

I can't remember what those taps are called but they are amazing. 5 flutes with every other tooth removed on each flute will take a bigger bite per tooth with fewer teeth in the game. Over all they take less effort to use than a typical pipe tap, you scored big time!

Had nothing to do today since my mom passed in February and I recently separated. So I went to an estate sale and bought a Starrett 0-1" mic. Then typed "antiques" into Google and found the closest antique stores. I found a metal machinists chest with wood drawers inside that was FULL of old machinist tools. I almost had a heart attack! It was a bit out of my price range today but I know me and I will lose sleep over it and go back and make an alternative offer in the next few weeks if it is still there.

Best wishes - hope they accept your offer!

stopped by a garage sale today, I plan on making a shelf out of the running board, I'll add the stillotsn wrenches to my collection, as well as the blow torch, and who can pass up a mic. for two dollars. Can anyone shed some light on the purpose on the wrench on the right, it's made by Bemis & Cole.

Attachments

• IMG_0774.JPG
    IMG_0774.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 72
Today i went to exchange my CO2 tank, it is a bit of a drive so on my way back i stop by a tool/flea market, There wasn't too many precision machinist tools but i did managed to found couple small tings, a peice of solid brass, steel fuel can neck, 450mm calipers, in good usable shape, an 80mm morze 6 drill, an 85mm morze 5 drill bit, and an rusty 3 jaw chuck, it seams to be in good shape but very rusty, all in about 35$ which seams to be a great deal, the calipers is worth that.
IMG_20190512_105512.jpg

A Harbor Freight #62323, gas powered chipper/shredder

Back