What Did You Buy Today?

Granite surface plate?

I picked up Grade B from Travers tool last week. Since they have a warehouse/counter in Spartanburg I drove down and picked it up. UPS shipping was $100 more than the cost of the plate. Also I picked up a inexpensive hight stand. Plus an excuse to make a video.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's quite a haul Bruce. Bought one of the 3/8th ratchets a year ago, they're incredible. Had an air one but the hose was always an issue not to mention having to drag the hose out.

Greg

I picked up an Milwaukee 3/8 ratchets yesterday my self. I can’t build power drawbar for the mill, not enough ceiling hight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haven't quite sealed the deal yet, but checking this old mill out tomorrow, and have no info on it other than these 2 photos and that its 3 phase. It looks like a horizontal with a vertical head. Can anyone help me ID it? Really excited because its one of those deals that I keep reading about on here and I'm just over the moon that I might get my first mill! Please help me out I know if anyone knows its all of you guys out there. THANKS!!!
Its a Van Norman. The head rotates from vertical, to horizontal super easy. Great machines, easy to use. The only issue might be if it takes their propritery 5v or something like that collets, they can get hard to find. It could also take the NMTB 40 , or 50 tool holders, they are common. Check out the Van Norman section, tons of great info. Also the downloads has good manuals, or even google Van Norman, lots of info on the web.

I do not know the other models enough to say which it is, but look for ones with the drive shaft powering the table/ knee. Noy many did it that way.

2” end-mill holder Morse taper #6. Can’t wait to use it on the HBM after I finish the niles lathe. Those are cat50 tool holders next to it.

Attachments

• 980D463D-E32F-446A-9039-3AABE184E75D.jpeg
    980D463D-E32F-446A-9039-3AABE184E75D.jpeg
    39.7 KB · Views: 26
What did I get myself into this time?

Saw one of these in a tv series, sure it was placed there and panned many times as a subliminal sales ploy.

I bit !

Its a nixie clock kit. Hate to admit but I used electronics that had these for displays.

Interestingly none of these tubes seem to be available in North America, guess stock was purged when they became obsolete. Russia seams to have a good stock yet, this kit came from Lithuania with CCCP proudly etched in the glass. Guess they're like me and save everything.

Greg

Saw one of these in a tv series, sure it was placed there and panned many times as a subliminal sales ploy.

I bit !

Its a nixie clock kit. Hate to admit but I used electronics that had these for displays.

Interestingly none of these tubes seem to be available in North America, guess stock was purged when they became obsolete. Russia seams to have a good stock yet, this kit came from Lithuania with CCCP proudly etched in the glass. Guess they're like me and save everything.

View attachment 292345

Greg
Remember making a Heathkit digital clock with my dad in around 1972. I think it's still working. Enjoy!

Bruce

I bit !

View attachment 292345

Greg

That looks fun! I Love soldering, I miss my old work (electronic repair) & miss modding flashlights.

Back