What Did You Buy Today?

Spied this in our local online marketplace -- a Brown Boggs bench shear for cutting sheet metal. And in typical fashion, I found it mere days after finishing a new belt guard where I slogged thorough the whole thing using hand snips!

image.jpeg

Oh well, now I have one. I think it's in ok shape although I have little experience with these. The drive pawl teeth are about the worst -- kind of worn -- but I'm thinking it will still perform as needed. I'm not likely to put a lot of miles on it with the minor things I do.

image.jpeg

The neat thing about this one though is that it turns out to be from my old high school metal shop from where I graduated nearly 40 years ago! It was in the leftover bits after the larger machines got taken out and one of the guys purchased it for his own use. Never used it once. Now the old shops are gone and the spanky new school has a pathetic selection of equipment to take their place. This shear will see a few more years of service with me though, which I really like the thought of.

image.jpeg

Thanks for looking!

-frank

Found this lurking in my shop a while back. Now I have to learn how to use it. It is missing some parts, (belt guard, cone pulley for flat belt table drive and the headstock.) I think it will be handy to have around.
Chuck291978

Bought a 2 ton Gantry crane. Actually bought it a while ago, but just put it together today. I had been looking for one for a while, one ton pop up on Craigslist or auction sites regularly, but I wanted a 2 ton. I finally just decided to spend the money on a new one, it was on sale with free freight and lift gate delivery. Cheapest I have seen one in a year of looking, so I pulled the trigger. IMG_20190407_065337184.jpg
It was easy to put together, all bolt holes lined up,and the manufacturer even made finding matching bolts, nuts and washers easy, they put them all together,as opposed to just a giant bag of fasteners
IMG_20190406_131235981.jpg

It's been sometime since i've posted here, but today i took a break from working and visited the local flea market, there was some machinist tools but nothing caught my eye, but working on rust repairs this set of pliers for punching holes and making a indented edge seem like a good deal, got them for 8$, then i found this Stabila level, it is almost new and at 5$ i think it was a good deal.
IMG_20190407_095508.jpgIMG_20190407_095513.jpgIMG_20190407_095426.jpgIMG_20190407_095431.jpg

I just picked up a new table for my bench grinder....

It is an Enco 36" jump shear rated for 20ga but does 18ga stainless with extra persuasion.... I traded an AR-15 pistol upper that I paid $150
for about 4 years ago... Now I'm looking for a 4" diameter pneumatic cylinder lol.....

Haven't quite sealed the deal yet, but checking this old mill out tomorrow, and have no info on it other than these 2 photos and that its 3 phase. It looks like a horizontal with a vertical head. Can anyone help me ID it? Really excited because its one of those deals that I keep reading about on here and I'm just over the moon that I might get my first mill! Please help me out I know if anyone knows its all of you guys out there. THANKS!!!

Attachments

• mill 1.jpg
    mill 1.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 49
  • mill 2.jpg
    mill 2.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 49
Back