What Did You Buy Today?

Man, I wish the drive was not so far, I would love to hit the flea markets there. I'm jealous.

There is lots of junk, on those markets, and the ones i'm visiting ant the biggest or the best but there is always a jam waiting for very little money. The prices are very low, mostly because there is no tax or sale records, also the very low monthly income of the entire population makes the prices very low. T.e. average monthly pay is 2-300$ so do the math and the living cost are as rest of europe.

Few eBay and other internet purchases. Got some more 1/4" hex to 1/4"; 3/8"; 1/2" square adapters including some wobble-ends.

Pick up a Starrett metric screw pitch gauge. Some 1/8" thick x 3/8" diameter rare-earth magnets. Plan for them is to make some parallel holders for my mills. I thought I had some wobble extensions but can't find them, so eBay and China to the rescue . . .

Bought a pair of urethane band saw tires for my Craftsman 12" wood band saw. I've had the saw for around 35 years and the tires were really loose. I'd gorilla glued them on, but time for a replacement set.

I'm fond of the Milwaukee M12 line of 12V li-ion battery tools, decent battery life/torque/weight ratio. Picked up a 3/8" drive right angle drill/driver.

Lastly, a QRA (quill right angle?) attachment for my Brideport's Quillmaster. The QRA has an input shaft that slips into the Quillmaster collet. My assumption is I'll need to make a thin wrench to fit the nut for tightening the collet of the Quillmaster. The wrench will slip through the slot on the back of the QRA. The QRA has a machined "L" on either side which I assume is used to square up or reference angle the center of the shaft.

Bruce

More 1/4" hex adapters

Metric thread screw pitch gauge

magnets for a parallel keeper project

wobble extensions

replacement urethane wheels for my wood band saw

Milwaukee 3/8" 12V right angle drill/driver

Bridgeport Quillmaster QRA right angle adapter

20190302_102024.jpg

Last edited:
I used to have a BUNCH of Makita 9.6 volt tools, including a nice right angle drill/driver. Batteries were slowly getting to be an issue, and I was glad to find the M12 equivalent a couple of months ago. Love it! I now have three M12 tools, including their superb little vacuum cleaner.

Having long since replaced the rest of the Makita 9.6V drill/drivers with Makita 18V equivalents, I was almost down to just having two flavors of batteries to keep track of. The exception was the one remaining 9.6V Makita - a mini wood/tile saw. It came in handy many times and I was reluctant to part with it. Nobody else offers a 3 ½" saw. But then I took a second look at the M12 mini-saw, which uses a 3" blade.

Bought one a couple days ago, and was happy to discover that the boss on which the blade guard is mounted is the same diameter as the one on the Mkaita. So I was able to move the guard from one saw to the other. The blade hub of the M12 is smaller than that of the Makita, so I turned a new blade retainer with a slightly raised center, to hold the nice carbide tipped wood blades I had on hand. Now I have a Franken-saw, that lets me use either the Makita or the Milwaukee blades, as well as simplifying my battery charging "inventory". Over the next day or so I'll cut down a piece of angle iron to make a shoe for the saw when it's in Makita mode. I can switch back to the original blade guard and shoe pretty quickly (four T8 Torx screws).

Today i stopped by the tool/flea market, and had to park close to a mile from the market, but there was couple of things to buy, first i bought a roll of speaker wire for 2$, then i bought the twin die holder with couple dies for 1$, also couple of bigger drill bits for 50 cents each, and a very good quality set of taps, with couple of drill bit missing for 10$, also bought a new truck mud flap for 2$, and the big buy for the day was this Air compressor for 35$, very cheap but seems very slow to build up pressure, i bought it in preparation for painting the Little Niva.

Today after work, i stopped by the hardware shop, and picked up some hi temp paint for the exhaust, also stopped by a local junkyard to look for some round solid material for machining but he had send it all to be melted yesterday, i did manage to find and buy couple of pieces of stainless pipe, an EGR cooler that looks like a good small engine muffler or exhaust heater and some silicone vacum line, all in 2$.

You know youve become old when you need to bay indicators that are big as big ben. Im geting 54 years to day 10 more years i get to drink how much beer i want
62eaafd5ea0e78a35e35a05d9fabded8.jpg
c5b7f3408ce4d0e0b2b81ddaf5aaf000.jpg
4dc29a47ca10e0ef693557af2299f914.jpg
ed79da8b4da783d7f92479615a9cc80a.jpg

Skickat från min G3311 via Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back