What Are Your Favorite V-blocks?

I don't really have favorites, but I do use a particular set more than others, mainly due to the size and nature of what little work I am able to do. Pics below.

Can't remember exactly how I ended up with a single granite vee block, but if memory serves, it was in an "empty" toolbox in a trade deal, and they guy said he didn't have the mate to it and didn't want it back.photo 3.JPG photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG

I guess two of them are technically not "vee" blocks, but they are marketed and function as such. Those are the ones I use most. And I rarely use them away from he surface plate.

Tony, I bought a set just like that for the inspection department for checking runout on mandrels at a place I worked at to replace a junky set they were using. They couldn't figure them out. I even showed them how to use them with a sample part. Still didn't like them. They went back to using the junky one's they had. The new one's were put on a shelf and were still there when I left the company a few years later. Ken

I love them. Low friction, settable. Used to have a lot of HVOF carbide done by you probably know who down there (Ave H, near Navigation), and they are perfect for checking runout and straightnesss on smaller parts.

Back