What Are These

autonoz

Active User
Registered
Im thinking some sort of a wrist pin. Internally threaded on one end. Came in a box with a bunch of machinist tools. There are all different lengths and diameters.apingauge.jpg

apingauge.jpg

As a wrist pin I never seen one in a motor with threads and grooves and I am an ASE Master Tech with 35 years in the shop.

I have never seen any like this either. Of course I have nowhere near the experience as you. That was all I could come up with.

The spiral groove allows pressure to escape in blind holes.

As close as it gets in a car are the tilt pivot pins in the steering column and they are a lot smaller... For me it's a matter of scale never seeing any large ones. This is for a car and the tool to pull them.
1.jpg 2.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:
Well there ya go. Thanks for the info. I even searched spiral pins and that did not come up. I guess I have a lifetime supply of them since I have a box full of spiral and non spiral.

Last edited:
I think perhaps you were thinking of Spirol Pins, which is an ancient brand name for another type of pin altogether. Those are simply pull dowels, and you have plain and spiral groove styles.

http://www.jergensinc.com/Pull-Dowels

Back