What are these?

Tony Wells

President Emeritus (Retired)
Registered
I've no idea, TD. The right angle gear drive looks interesting. The arm may have been on a shaft where it was driven off a cam on some sort of machine, but I don't recognize it.

I don't see the gear dive has anything to hold the gear centralized. If you made a bossed flange that would take care of that. What is the turns ratio?

Good stuff. Even on the smaller scale, "crowdsourcing" works. :)

I can't identify the parts either, sorry...but I'm glad I'm not the only guy that buys
unidentified objects on ebay tho!

I'll confirm. Joe at Plaza is shipping me a Rockwell vertical. I just look at the picture he sent me, and yes, that part is the fine downfeed. Mine has the same handle as yours.

David, I suspect that as soon as mine arrives, you and I will become friends! I'm sure I'll need help learning about the machine. BTW, do you have a manual?

The one is a slotting overarm for a Brown and Sharpe automatic screw machine, The small hole has a slight taper #5 B&S if I rmember correctly. it accepts a slotting bushing that has been drilled to accpt a screw. The arm comes down as the screw is being cut off and then the arm moves up and presents the screw head to a slitting saw.
If you don't own a B&S automatic screw machine, it's pretty worthless.

Last edited by a moderator:
David Utidjian link=topic=1458.msg8325#msg8325 date=1301602441 said:
wawoodman link=topic=1458.msg8306#msg8306 date=1301588911 said:
David, I suspect that as soon as mine arrives, you and I will become friends! I'm sure I'll need help learning about the machine. BTW, do you have a manual?

I have something better than the factory manual that came with my mill:
http://www.metalworking.com/DropBox/_2001_retired_files/rockwellarmymill.pdf
Which has all the skinny on both the vertical and horizontal models including parts lists and wiring diagrams for the spindles and the power feed. Basically two factory manuals in one plus extra service bulletins.

Free of charge!,

Does that make us friends now? ;-)

-DU-

PS there is a dedicated yahoo group for the Rockwell milling machine that it would be worth joining at:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rockwellmillingmachine/

PPS note to turbinedoctor: If you have no use for the Rockwell mill part and/or I have talked you out of using it for a dividing head then you may get some ready buyers for it from the yahoo group.

We're friends. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back