Went and looked at a lathe

Chuck K

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
A few years ago I had a 13" Regal. I put a lot of time into it fixing the little things that were wrong with it. Painted it. Powered it with a vfd. Mounted a dro. It was a sweet lathe. Had no intension of parting with it....until someone offered me a stupid price for it. I've kicked myself for selling it. It had it's shortcomings. Small spindle bore. Slow spindle speeds. But it was the nicest feeling lathe I've ever owned. So a friend calls about a month ago and tells me he gave my number to a friend that has a couple of lathes he needs to sell. I went to talk with him tonight and this is what I found. It has some issues but it would make a nice project. I made a realistic offer. Who knows, I might be a Regal owner again
20170912_174850.jpg

Old Iron wins again!!!
Please keep us posted.

Daryl
MN

Awesome! My 24" leblond is almost done. Beautiful Machine

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Funny thing is, I've had a follow rest from my old regal sitting on a shelf all this time. A couple of months ago a friend stops by to look at a mill. He's telling me about this little regal he bought. I go over and find the follower and give it to him. I told him when I gave it to him that another one was sure to show up as soon as I gave that away...

Still in the almost phase haha

Still in the almost phase haha

I know what you're talking about. I'm still trying to finish up on my Hendey project in the little free time I have. The leblond will be sitting in the corner for a while.

Well I brought the LeBlond home last week. As usual it's going to be a project. The main issue with it was a problem in the qc box. It slipped when in the fasted feeds. All of the gears were good, so I figured a sheared pin or key...no big deal. Well after 4 hrs of work I finally got the shaft out of it. I had the die grinder with the cut-off wheel out and was going to cut the shaft in half after about two hrs off pressing and hammering on it. I took a break and decided to work at it again. I finally go it out after cutting the key into about 5 pieces. So after all of that I decided to paint it. I'm tired of smoke gray so I added some blue to it. It kind of looks like the Logan blueish gray. I think I'm going to like it after a 2nd coat20171105_073538.jpg20171108_182629.jpg

Congratulations.....and great colour!
-brino

Back