WEN Bench Grinder Stand

I wish I would have seen that earlier in the day. The price is now in the $42 range.

They actually make stands for a bench grinder - who knew..........

About 99% of those I see , that are not bolted to a bench, are on a pipe, with a top plate, welded to a truck rim....

They actually make stands for a bench grinder - who knew..........

About 99% of those I see , that are not bolted to a bench, are on a pipe, with a top plate, welded to a truck rim....
probably better than that stand. I have read many reviews of that stand and others like it. They seem to really be light duty, and maybe not worth it. If you do buy one, I recommend using epoxy to glue and screw it together. As well as concrete to add to the weight. Concrete in the tube (sealed up) would help.

Yup deals over cause Amazon warehouse is out of stock. It actually dropped to $24.89 just before it sold out. My lil brother was hoping it would drop down to $24.00 but he missed out on them, haha. You can still get it from Walmart for under $25 ship to store or $30 from Home Depot ship to store.

I never looked at buying a bench grinder stand in the past. "Good" ones cost way too much & less expensive ones are still too expensive IMO for what they are. Thought about making one before but not something I cared too much about.

Got my first one today, second one arriving tomorrow. IMHO it's actually pretty decent for a $30 stand. A bit light but not bad. Base & quench pot is cast iron, top is stamped steel & not uselessly thin. I can see why people were trying to glue the parts & screws together. It's just set screws digging into a hollow tube. I'm not assembling mine that way. I'll insert some steel slugs into the tube so I can have threaded holes to bolt it together. Hopefully the slugs will add enough weight to it also.

I still think it's a great deal for $25 shipped (I had to pay tax though). Maybe not good for daily shop abuse as is but I'm more than happy with them for the price.

20170630_205530-800x564.jpg

. I'll insert some steel slugs into the tube so I can have threaded holes to bolt it together. Hopefully the slugs will add enough weight to it also.
View attachment 236650
Stick a aluminum round in the bottom and seal it good with caulk or epoxy. Thread into it. Then pour sand in the top if you don't like the concrete idea, and put an alum round in the top and do the same.
should add some weight, and the sand will dampen any vibration since it will be fluid.

Back