Well it finally my turn pm932 ordered

daveyscrap

Active User
Registered
I got the ok from the boss and after one long phone call to ray c. And 3 different estimates I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a pm 932 with Es 12 dro. Don't know how long it will take to get and that's ok . I have a few weeks of work to rearrange shop and make room. Ray guessed 3 - 4 weeks and although I can't wait to get the mill, I need the time. Thank you Ray for making it easy. And Matt even though I haven't talked to him. I am still happy he will be checking over my new toy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you mike. I think I have to say the same to you on mill and lathe. Dave

I got the ok from the boss and after one long phone call to ray c. And 3 different estimates I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a pm 932 with Es 12 dro. Don't know how long it will take to get and that's ok . I have a few weeks of work to rearrange shop and make room. Ray guessed 3 - 4 weeks and although I can't wait to get the mill, I need the time. Thank you Ray for making it easy. And Matt even though I haven't talked to him. I am still happy he will be checking over my new toy.

Dave,

It was nice talking to you as is the case with so many clients. FWIW, virtually all the folks I've worked with keep in-touch long after the initial receipt and setup of the machines.

Many people are apprehensive about the capabilities of the 932/45 mills. I had one client who asked questions for about 2 months and seemed very uneasy about the decision. In situations like that, I give the most accurate and detailed information possible, show examples of my work, send videos of the machine in action -and I'm perfectly OK if folks decide not to proceed with a purchase... At the last moment, the client decided to get the 45-CNC version. I was concerned because a CNC machine has a huge learning curve. I helped him through it and I must say, this particular fellow had no problems understanding it all. He was very self-motivated to learn.

[Side Note: Just mentioning again, 932 and 45 are virtually the same machine. Same gears, motors, basic table etc. Just some differences in the casting to accommodate the upgraded features on the 932. They are "work-equivalent" machines. Also, using a pendant, you can control the CNC machine manually].

Judgment day came and he received the mill. Two days later, he called and said he couldn't believe how nice it was. A few days after that, he's telling me about the parts he's making...

In my initial dealings with this fellow, I though he was fairly new to machining based on the questions he was asking but, in retrospect, I realize now, he was just testing my knowledge. He had a large, well equipped shop and full-size Bridgeport that was too worn out to fix and was replacing it with a new mill and based on the projects he does, he's a fairly capable machinist. We still keep in-touch and he's mentioned more than once that his new PM mill cuts way better than his old BP...

Moral of the story... I think you'll like your machine. You have no idea how concerned I am that folks end-up with good machines that are right for them. Of all the machines you hear me talking about, I'm perfectly comfortable recommending them all. It does bother me that the waiting times are so long. It's feast or famine in this regard. The machines from the factories Matt has selected to do business with are in limited supply. The machines are largely sold-out before they're unloaded from the truck. The shipments seem to come all at one time -and the three guys in PA are about killing themselves right now to get them out the door. He's been in business for 15 years, he's a smart and hard working guy -and if there was some way he could resolve this, he would have done it by now. There are ways to solve the problem but, I guarantee you... fewer people would be able to afford the machines.

Ray

Ray it was great talking to you also and I am not concerned at all about the wait time I was kind of hoping it would take that long ! I am very busy at work and working 11 hour days. And I have a garage to clean and rearrange to get ready for the mill and I really hate cleaning and moving all the garbage I mean treasures around so although I am anxious to get it I can definitely wait. Thanks again ray

Re: Well it's finally my turn as well......

It was my turn too...I ordered this http://ihcnc.com/pages/bed-mill.php. Perhaps we need a link tfor these as well. It's a little more expensive. ok lots...but talking to Paul at IHCNC they do their due diligence on machine inspection from the manufacturer and then disassemble the machine once it gets her to put higher quality bearings in and change the lube and assemble your accessories. I'm sure a PM45 or PM932 would have been fine for what I need but this is just a hair bigger than those.

That looks like a very nice mill wheeler man. Good luck with it and I hope it does everything you want it to
Dave

Yes, that one looks nice as well. What really caught my eye was the 12" of Y-travel. I think that is the biggest limiting factor of the larger of the benchtop milling machines (RF-45 clones). I know there are work arounds for most applications/work but that is the single most negative I hear about them.

Mike.

I ordered mine in early May with an approximate 6 wk lead time. Was contacted that it was going to arrive in PGH the last week of June. Never heard from them again so I called. Guy tells me they need the balance paid....it would be nice to communicate this to me, so I paid and he said it would be ready to ship Monday. Again, no communication (not even to confirm the payment) so I call again. Story changed....maybe a different guy, but definitely nothing definite, just maybes.
Makes me feel like that is PM business as usual....keep 'em guessing. I broke all my rules purchasing this and now.....? But I'll check my e mail!!

Back