Well I have commited to a Mill

Thank you sir, I had a chance to play with it a lil this evening, running the spindle to break it in.. I am truly surprised just how quiet this machine is compared to the other one that I had a few years ago.. I sold that one.. I am keeping this one.

Here is a couple of pics. I had to put it on my reloading table for the time being till I can get a more perminate place to put it.

SANY0389.jpg

SANY0390.jpg

SANY0389.jpg

SANY0390.jpg

I have one of the same in the driveway in a wooden crate. Sadly, Harbor Freight sold me a 2-ton Folding Shop Crane in two boxes - each of which has parts to different models which don't make a whole crane. So I'll have to haul it 60mi back for a refund next week. The "Manager's Discount" didn't get me much...

In the interim, I've rounded up a group of 4 to lift it onto a dolly and then up to my workbench - hopefully tomorrow.

That mill looks like I could lift it with one hand, not to downgrade it, just sayin, ain't no chunk O American iron there.

It's very cool that you have a means to tram that baby on the cheap, please post the first chips, we like to spread the sickness around!

Yeah - lighter than I thought at 176lb. My wife and I were able to get it on a dolly then up on the workbench.

yeah it is small, but there are many things that could be done on it.. I don't have a shop per say, my work room is a bedroom actually.

Back