Well, got the new PM932 .

1962guy

Registered
Registered
DSC_0974.JPGDSC_0980.JPG

Used the trusty Bobcat for unloading.

Ray C. has been SOOOO helpful. It will be a few more days before I power up, but I'm getting closer!!

DSC_0974.JPG DSC_0980.JPG

Awesome!!! Please be sure to post up some completed pictures and even a review of the mill.

I have one ordered along with a 1340GT lathe and am still a few weeks away. I would be interested in seeing it making chips and your opinion of the machine.

Mike.

Glad it got there safe & sound. Take the time to clean and degrease it then slather-up the ways with way oil. Pull one end of the bellow covers off and get the nasty grease off the lead screw and put some fresh stuff on there. Do that for the table and column screws. Keep in mind that the DRO (if equipped) will cover the rear oil Git so, you need to manually slather-up that rear way. One of these days, I'll look at mine and see if a fill tube can be put in there somehow. On the vertical ways, just put a couple squirts of oil at the top of the head that meets the ways. It will flow down. The backside that comes in contact with the ways is a rough-scraped (but flat) surface and the oil easily travels downward.

These are nice machines. Take your time to learn about it. Go slow for the first week and in no time, it will fit like a glove. My older PM45 (same machine but available with different options) is 5 years old, has seen a lot of use and works as good as day one.

Ray

I do believe that you are going to enjoy your new machine quite a bit! Mine has been running great for everything I throw at it. Ray is an extremely valuable resource when it comes to these machines in specific and vast garden of information when it comes to anything else it seems! For the mill my only suggestions would be get some lighting like this...( http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AKW5OTK/ref=oh_details_o06_s01_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) to go directly under the spindle. Also, I got a cheap harbor freight air brush and use that as a mist coolant system, Ive yet to burn through a end mill with that addition. Not sure if either of those interest you, but just let me know if you want pictures to go along with the text. Enjoy!

-James

I would be interested in seeing your Harbor Freight airbrush mist coolant system, if you would not mind. Sounds like an interesting idea.

what's the difference between the pm45 and the pm932? i see a power x axis, and a few inches of travel difference, and maybe some weight. Thanks- The prices seem similar.

what's the difference between the pm45 and the pm932? i see a power x axis, and a few inches of travel difference, and maybe some weight. Thanks- The prices seem similar.

From what I was told they are the same base machine, I questioned because the PM-45M was listed as having a .375" larger quill but Matt told me that they are both 3" diameter quills and that it was a typo. He told me that the 932PDF was a loaded up 45M as most people were wanting the power down feed (PDF), power X-axis and the power head (Z) but were not as concerned with the flood cooling or the light so he made the 932PDF model which also included the more rigid cast stand vs. the steel cabinet with the door/storage.

Ray may correct me if I am wrong but that is what I remember and why I went with the 932PDF when I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago.

Mike.

I do believe that you are going to enjoy your new machine quite a bit! Mine has been running great for everything I throw at it. Ray is an extremely valuable resource when it comes to these machines in specific and vast garden of information when it comes to anything else it seems! For the mill my only suggestions would be get some lighting like this...( http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AKW5OTK/ref=oh_details_o06_s01_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) to go directly under the spindle. Also, I got a cheap harbor freight air brush and use that as a mist coolant system, Ive yet to burn through a end mill with that addition. Not sure if either of those interest you, but just let me know if you want pictures to go along with the text. Enjoy!

-James

Please do show and tell. Would love to see it as well. I have my quill ring LEDs on the way. They're supposed to be here Thursday. I can't wait!

Congrats on the new machine. You're going to love it!

I'm so jealous because mine didn't come with a cool Bobcat!

Oh and your garage/shop is WAY too tidy!

Jay

Back