Welding positioner

Aukai

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I'm in the market for a powered welding positioner, right now my needs are for a light duty rotator for welding my gaff handle. I'm wondering what's available in decent/ lower price range.

I had to search for a while - well built, used table-top models are hard to come by and even more difficult to find good deals. Here's an example near me: link, $700. I have a newer version in better shape from CL for $500 and considered myself lucky. Make sure its not affected by HF start (if needed) - some really old units may not play nice with HF.

The cheapo ebay/Amazon models have smaller weight capacity and amperage limits; if you go this route just make sure it can handle what you're going to throw at it.

Having a pedal is a must IMO. Mine is VS, but even an on-off is good because you can establish the puddle before starting the rotation.

Last edited:
Mr. Whoopee is -selling- the MK in the first ad? He's a member here - how can he think its a scam? I know you've posted before about having stuff shipped (and another member who was sending stuff in a container?). Anyway - that's a bummer. $250 is a reasonable price for an MK if everything works.

I have seen that one from ArtifactFab. I was debating that one seemed like a fair deal for a new positioner that is reasonably well built. The current rating may be a limitation depending on what you're using it for (80a continuous, 130a peak).

You could build one like I did

It looks like it works well, but availability of components is limited here.

Time to go raid Pearl Harbours wharehouses.

:grin: :grin: The civilian contractors have that place picked clean, plus wrong island.

Back