Welder cart and tig rod rack.

Ski

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
image.jpeg I made the cart previously and added a rod rack to it today. Next will be a 2 drawer box for the top for odds and ends. Welder is The Everlast power tig 250EX with cooler.

I would say "nice rack" but that's not p.c.
So..........."really nice rack"!

What do you think of the Everlast, as I have been on the edge of buying one?

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Nice job on the cart. Similar to what I did for mine. The pvc is pretty convenient for rod storage. Mike

CIMG0002-1.jpg

Thanks, My 2 cents on Everlast is It works well. Problems - Mine lost HF start at 3 years 9 months and I had to send it in for warranty. 100 plus shipping. Sent it in Sept and got back in Dec. I initially recieved the wrong welder back and had to wait another week. Shipping blunder there. The control board was replaced and I have only just tested a little. They paid return shipping. They followed through on repair with some issues but they got it done. I still have a year warranty yet as well. New machines are digital so they have changed a little. Feel free to stop in and test it out if you ever swing North. There are some horror stories but 2 sides to every arguement. my case was only inconvienence.

I would say "nice rack" but that's not p.c.
So..........."really nice rack"!

What do you think of the Everlast, as I have been on the edge of buying one?

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Just to chime in, even though you didn't ask me :)
Buy it! You won't regret it. I now have 2.

Ps: that is a nice rack!

Stan
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ski
Very nice cart Ski. I've built several over the years, but last year I went the easy route and bought a cart from Horror Freight and just fabricated some brackets and PVC rod holders for it. As much as I'm not a fan of HF, I was pleasantly surprised to find that their cart was actually pretty well made and already had the drawers. Couple of pics attached.
Ted

100_2768.JPG 100_2770.JPG

View attachment 143639 I made the cart previously and added a rod rack to it today. Next will be a 2 drawer box for the top for odds and ends. Welder is The Everlast power tig 250EX with cooler.

Nice job on the welding cart. Pretty close to the one I made last year. Same Everlast machines too, it looks like.

DSC_0136.JPG

Thanks, My 2 cents on Everlast is It works well. Problems - Mine lost HF start at 3 years 9 months and I had to send it in for warranty. 100 plus shipping. Sent it in Sept and got back in Dec. I initially recieved the wrong welder back and had to wait another week. Shipping blunder there. The control board was replaced and I have only just tested a little. They paid return shipping. They followed through on repair with some issues but they got it done. I still have a year warranty yet as well. New machines are digital so they have changed a little. Feel free to stop in and test it out if you ever swing North. There are some horror stories but 2 sides to every arguement. my case was only inconvienence.

Same thing happened to me, repair took a little over 3 months . The 210ext was about 10 months new when it broke. After that i felt like i was walking on egg shells- if it broke again i would be out a tig welder for another quarter of a year. I sold it and bought a Lincoln squarewave 200. I love the lincoln

Reactions: Ski
Same thing happened to me, repair took a little over 3 months . The 210ext was about 10 months new when it broke. After that i felt like i was walking on egg shells- if it broke again i would be out a tig welder for another quarter of a year. I sold it and bought a Lincoln squarewave 200. I love the lincoln
I almost bought a miller while waiting for this one but decided to run this one as long as it lasts.If it runs out of warranty and dies, I won't pay to get it fixed and will sell it for parts or repair and move on to another brand Tig welder. Just about any brand inverter should fit the cart I built. The cooler is 220v but The manual shows 120v parts so I should be able to convert and use it.

I almost bought a miller while waiting for this one but decided to run this one as long as it lasts.If it runs out of warranty and dies, I won't pay to get it fixed and will sell it for parts or repair and move on to another brand Tig welder. Just about any brand inverter should fit the cart I built. The cooler is 220v but The manual shows 120v parts so I should be able to convert and use it.
Pump is italian from what I understand. I almost bit on another brand myself but doing like you. Run it until it pukes. It has been working very well though and have about 48 hours running/weld time on it after repair.

Back