Wanted to buy 10, 12 Atlas Craftsman Lathe cross feed gear.

Orangecrush

Registered
Registered
I know this is probably not something people want to sell. But I am looking for a replacement cross feed gear for my Atlas Craftsman 12" lathe. Part number: 10F-82A

If you have one laying around and don't have a use for it. Please let me know.

Thank you,

Orangecrush

Just as a backup mind you... Clausing has them. I bought one recently.

Do you mind if I ask what Clausing charged for it? I'm curious how relistic the ebay market price is.

Thanks
Steve

Yes, I have the same question. How much did the miter gear end up costing you?

Steve(s),
I bought a number of gears related to the apron on that order and my memory is far from exact. Yes, the Clausing parts are more expensive than ebay and others. I learned that after the fact. I 'think' that gear was around 100 bucks. In any case, I was happy to get them in brand new condition so the price was less of an issue.

A member here let me know about mymachineshop.net for parts. Take a look.

Last edited:
Hello Bill,

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out and see how they compare to eBay prices. There is a couple of miter gears selling on eBay right now. But I think that they are asking way to much for a used item.

The majority of Atlas parts on eBay are used. Most of the new ones were made by the seller, which could be either good or bad. For example, most of the seller made half nuts are made of brass. Which is bad. But the seller made thread protectors (or at least one example) were quite good. If the seller is selling factory made parts, they probably came from Clausing and probably cost more than what Clausing gets for them.

Back