WANTED Specific Atlas 1937 Manual Of Lathe Operations (MOLO)(1)

wa5cab

Downloads Moderator
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I'm looking for a "Copyright 1937" or earlier Atlas or Craftsman Manual Of Lathe Operation (MOLO) which is exact bound (stapled instead of being punched for wire or black or gray plastic fingers (GBC Bound). Or if you have one but also have the matching lathe and don't wish to part with the MOLO itself, just a couple or three photos will suffice. I'm mainly only trying to pin down how many significantly different variants of the MOLO existed between late 1936 or early 1937 and 1988.. If you have a stapled one, say also what model of lathe you have, if any.

Last edited:
I might have a book called manual of lathe operations i will see what date it is but i think it is from 1937.

Last edited:
OK, but realize that between 1937 and 1953 inclusive, almost every year Atlas printed at least two versions. All versions through those years say Copyright 1937. And lack any mention of an Edition number. The two versions (Atlas 10F and Master Craftsman) differed one from the other always in the title and part of the text on the first and sometimes the second page of Chapter 7 - Threading. and in some of the details shown on the Threading Chart page. And the one Photo in Chapter 7 differed. As I said in the first post, in at least one year there were three versions, with Chapter 7 of the third one covering the Atlas 6 inch (618). All other pages in the two or three version are the same in any given year. but gradually changed over the years. So anyway, the only page that you need to check is the first page of Chapter 7.

OK. Then it was printed between about 1938 and about 1940 during which period each MOLO came with a loose threading supplement that covered either the Atlas 10F or the Craftsman 101.07362 or 3, 101.07382 or 3 or 101.07402 or 3. Around 1941 or so, they finally got around to binding the loose threading supplement into the MOLO. And unfortunately, most of the loose threading supplements have been lost or sold separately by unscrupulous sellers.

It isn't the one that I am looking for but thanks for looking.

OK. Then it was printed between about 1938 and about 1940 during which period each MOLO came with a loose threading supplement that covered either the Atlas 10F or the Craftsman 101.07362 or 3, 101.07382 or 3 or 101.07402 or 3. Around 1941 or so, they finally got around to binding the loose threading supplement into the MOLO. And unfortunately, most of the loose threading supplements have been lost or sold separately by unscrupulous sellers.

It isn't the one that I am looking for but thanks for looking.
No that’s not it someone ripped out the pages.

OK. That is a shame. Whether it were the possibly non-existant version that I'm looking for or not. And no excuse for anyone to do such a thing.

Thanks. But the one that I am looking for would have been printed prior to 1954, have no Edition number printed, be Copyright 1937, and have a bound-in Chapter 7 that covers the Craftsman 6", 101.07301 or equivalent meaning description. I don't know for certain that such a version was ever printed. But there was such a special version printed that covers the Atlas 618. So there may have been one on the Sears variant, too. I have been looking for it for about five or ten years.

Last edited:
Back